Operations Manager, National Field
Everytown for Gun Safety, the nation’s largest gun violence prevention advocacy group, is seeking an Operations Manager to fulfill an integral role on our Field Team. This position plays a critical role in the operations and function of the Moms Demand Action volunteer chapters, Students Demand Action and the Field Team staff members. This person provides leadership and logistical support around tools and technology used by volunteers and staff, budgets, travel, and event coordination, along with other duties as necessary.
This position is is based in our Washington, DC office
The deadline to apply is February 17th. We will begin reviewing applications after that date.
We’ll trust you to take on the following responsibilities:
- Communications and document management – manage shared drives, Google groups, and help develop trainings and presentations. Provide notes and next steps for departmental meetings. Copy editing as needed.
- Provide support and strategy and manage logistical aspects for team-wide and organization-wide events and meetings.
- Budget Management - in consultation with Managing Directors, develop budget recommendations and department wide tracking, provide updates, and liaise with the Finance department and accountants.
- Accounting and contracts – manage vendor contracts and relationships, track expenses and invoices.
- Manage onboarding process for volunteer leaders.
- Proactively improve systems and processes for field staff and volunteer management.
- Serve as the departmental operations liaison for the National Field and Data departments.
- Programmatic/campaign projects as assigned.
- Manage staff and/or interns as assigned.
Required skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of related professional experience, including 3+ years supporting team operations
- Detail-oriented in communication, review of paperwork, and creation of systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google suite, and the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to organize large amounts of complex information for concise decision making
- An independent and proactive problem solver with the ability to be resourceful
- Comfortable shifting priorities and plans quickly when needed
- Able to work confidently and independently with lateral and senior staff
- Ability to keep information and workflow organized and easily accessible for yourself and others
- Experience coordinating logistics for events, including finding and working with a venue, collecting and producing materials, and needed arrangements for staff and volunteers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of how stereotypes, bias, and forms of racism in America (including structural racism, implicit bias, gender bias, religious bias, ageism, and bias based on gender identity or sexual orientation) impact our society, with an expectation that you will develop an ability to articulate the connection between these large societal issues and the disproportionate impact of gun violence on specific demographic groups in America.
- Understand how dynamics of power, voice, and privilege impact one-on-one and group interactions, and a commitment to using power, voice and privilege to make our movement more equitable.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed
The strongest candidates will also have our preferred skills and experience:
- Direct management experience
- Experience working with volunteers, organizing or political teams in a staff position
- Experience working with or working for an organization that serves communities disproportionately impacted by gun violence.
- A friendly, patient, and proactive approach to supporting colleagues and volunteers
- Experience using systems like Quickbase to manage contracts, invoices, and payments
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000 per year, depending on prior experience. Everytown offers a generous benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, PTO, 401K Match, Education Assistance and more.
About Everytown for Gun Safety
Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund (“Everytown for Gun Safety”) is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the nation with nearly ten million supporters, including parents, students, survivors, educators, gun owners, and Americans fighting for commonsense gun safety. Through victories in Congress, statehouses, corporate America, the courts, and town halls across the country, Everytown is helping change how Americans think about this public health threat. At the core of Everytown is Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, and Students Demand Action. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.