Level I Support, Technology Department
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Level I Technical Support role will assist with current projects and the overall mission of the IT department of providing superior IT support to IRI staff in the DC office and offices abroad.
- Must be able to commute within the Washington, DC metropolitan area at least part-time.
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant work experience in support services.
- Technical support experience including but not limited to the following areas:
- Microsoft 365, including SharePoint and Office Online
- On-premises domain environment including Active Directory
- Microsoft Office applications (desktop and web) including Microsoft Teams
- PC equipment including laptop and desktop hardware
- Mobile devices including iPhone and Android
- Endpoint security including antivirus, antimalware, and software firewalls
- Basic network configuration including NAT, firewalls, cabling, and wireless (Wi-Fi)
- Strong focus on exemplary customer service and user satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for user correspondence and support documentation to be used internally and externally.
- Organizational and multitasking abilities for working in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Critical thinking and adaptability, understanding team dynamics within the department.
- Ability to identify the underlying cause or process behind a ticket prior to escalation or resolution.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide in-person, phone, and email/ticket-based support to users in headquarters or remote.
- Perform initial customer contact for further information gathering to assess reported issues.
- Troubleshooting, triage, and resolution of service requests in-person or virtually, over the phone or via remote access utilities.
- Log and document all interactions for support cases in the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Escalate issues requiring additional access or manager involvement through appropriate support channels when required
- Create, revise, and update support documentation and knowledge base articles for internal IT technician use as well as end user reference.
- Produce training materials for end users via documentation, screen capture, or video-recorded media.
- Responsible for inventory control, procurement, distribution, and tracking of assigned and loaner equipment including computers and phones, as well as peripheral equipment.
- Identifies standards to be implemented in both policy and procedure, as well as equipment and configurations for all IRI-purchased, leased, or otherwise responsible equipment.
- Performs basic software installation, updates, and management.
- Comprehensive understanding of use and licensing requirements for specialty software installations.
- Maintains vendor relationships for purposes of procurement and support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Yes. Must be able to commute within the Washington, DC metropolitan area.