Our Newest Opportunity:
The HRC Operations Intern will have responsibility for supporting the HR consulting practice by undertaking internal projects, providing analytical support (such as HR metrics, milestone management and other measurements), and working to ensure that compliance standards and regulations are determined and met. The role will include conducting research, investigating workflows and business procedures, and recommending changes and improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Support the coordination of all recruiting activities including applications, scheduling interviews, supporting candidates through the interview and initial onboarding process, acting as a candidate liaison throughout the recruiting process.
- Assistance with job postings, resume databases and candidate sourcing as required by the recruiting team.
- Work with multiple payroll vendors based on client need. Systems may include ADP, PayChex, Paycom, Paylocity, Paycor, and Kronos.
- Responsible for supporting multi-state payroll processing and related activities including computation of wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, paycheck advances, bonus runs, commissions, fringe benefit reporting, and separation payments.
- Performs benefits administration to include open enrollment and change reporting
- Serves as the primary resource for employees on and off site relating to HR, Payroll and Benefits for multiple clients to ensure compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Works on system conversions and implementations related to payroll and time and attendance.
- Serves as client representative with various state agencies including setting up of new states and local tax jurisdictions as needed.
- Administration of COBRA, ADA, FMLA, Unemployment, and Workers Compensation
- Maintain strong business relationships and provide excellent customer service to employees across multiple clients.
- Documentation audit for Federal, State, and Local compliance
- Verify I-9 documentation and maintains records
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files
- Assists or prepares correspondences • Provide support on special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Working on Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field.
- Proficient in computer applications for Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Presents self in a professional appearance and manner.
- Able to effectively communicate, solve problems, and build relationships at all levels.
- Self-starter, ability to work effectively with others; participative team player, organized, efficient and able to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues