Associate Consultant, Sales and Use Tax: Detroit, MI (Remote)
The Associate Consultant assists team members with a variety of tasks to provide client engagement support and coordination. The Associate Consultant ensures all support needs are met and assists with both engagement and non-engagement tasks. The incumbent provides basic administrative support to team members and is available to work overtime and travel as needed to assist with projects at client sites. Duties detailed below are core, and can vary somewhat, depending on the practice area to which an Associate Consultant is assigned.
Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience.
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude at all times, being a team player and able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Tracks and reports time and expenses in detail for self and Manager as needed.
- Takes direction from multiple team members to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, meeting critical deadlines and seeking assistance with prioritization when needed.
- Maintains communications (e-mail, written, phone, and fax) while team is traveling.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Performs research on client and industry for team members.
- Assists engagement team in preparing and distributing client deliverables.
- Maintains calendar appointments and deadlines to ensure proper accountability and client deadlines are observed.
- Scans, formats, codes, and maps client data into databases.
- Copies or scans and uploads workpapers at client site or in Ryan office.
- Downloads, prints, and organizes workpapers for review.
- Prepares e-mails, memos, letters, and confirmation requests.
- Gathers required signatures on forms and letters.
- Answers telephone calls and takes accurate and concise messages.
- Makes travel arrangements as needed.
- Works effectively in a complex, deadline-driven environment.
- Handles tasks in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Handles and safeguards confidential information and sensitive material.
- Maintains ability to quickly learn new procedures with limited direction.
- Researches and manipulates data.
- Possesses solid analytical aptitude, research, and problem-solving skills.
- Follows instructions explicitly, knowing when to ask questions to seek clarification.
- Utilizes strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Creates files for clients and projects utilizing Microsoft® Excel and Access.
- Works overtime and travels independently as needed.
- Performs other duties and assists with other projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Two-year (associate) college degree, with minimum of three years related practice-specific experience OR four-year, any major, degree from accredited university, with minimum overall GPA of 2.80. No experience required. Accounting and financial knowledge, experience, and education a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills in Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Occasional long periods of standing while copying.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees and clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: 10 to 25%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran