Senior Network Engineer
Be the exception…
Technium is a rapidly growing cyber security company that has a strong reputation for providing quality service to our customers…We cannot do this without an amazing team! Our team is comprised of individuals who love what they do, which allows us to maintain a culture of achievement, excellent service, and strong relationships with customers and partners. The rule is to have a job; the exception is to love it. Are you ready to be the exception?
The Senior Network Engineer will work as an escalation engineer in Technium’s Managed Services Operations Team supporting our customers’ secure networks. This position will require a proactive engineer who works well in a team environment but can also work independently to rapidly identify and resolve issues in our customers’ environments. In addition to excellent networking and security fundamentals, the candidate should also have experience in a variety of technologies such as switching, routing, and next-generation firewalls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads break/fix activities, escalating problems to senior management and/or vendors as appropriate.
- Responds to support escalations of network issues for client networks as they arise. Facilitates advanced diagnosis and troubleshooting when required.
- Acts as technical escalation point for Operations team L1 engineers. This includes resolving advanced support issues, and mentoring the L1 network engineering staff.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing changes to the customer’s network infrastructure.
- Daily support and maintenance of supporting technologies to maintain the infrastructure’s security posture.
- Responsible for meeting customer’s contractual objectives, ensuring performance and uptime SLAs are met.
- Perform capacity planning and be proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Configure switches, routers and next generation firewalls in complex IP networks
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for assigned customer networks
- Communicate effectively with clients, team members and management staff
- This role will be part of our on-call rotation, including some night and weekend work as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10+ years of network experience
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP networking
- High degree of proficiency in Cisco and Juniper switches and routers
- Understanding of networking technologies and protocols including but not limited to: STP, BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP, IPSec, DMVPN, SD-WAN
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark and tcpdump
- Fortinet/CiscoASA/Palo Alto NGFW experience is required
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies preferred
- Juniper, Cisco, Meraki, Checkpoint, and Palo Alto certifications are preferred
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Previous experience with monitoring and ticketing platforms
- Previous experience working in a Managed Services environment preferred
- Must have adequate workspace and reliable internet connectivity
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Customer Service mindset
- Proactive problem solver
- Excellent team player with strong collaboration skills
- Efficient documentation skills
- Desire to be challenged and keen to learn new technologies.