Program Associate - Eurasia (Caucasus)
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day-to-day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate is the entry-level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in Armenia and Georgia. The Program Associate will work closely with the Program Officers for these programs.
- Undergraduate degree in public administration, international relations, political science, or related field.
- 0-1 years of experience in international development or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Experience working in process-driven environments with proven attention to detail and organization.
- Excellent writing, communication, and research skills.
- International experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Georgian, Armenian, and/or Russian desirable but optional.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assists in drafting narrative and financial reports for quarterly, semi-annual, and final reporting to funders, as well as other relevant reports for funders
- Maintains project SharePoint sites and documents
- Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests and approvals
- Monitors approved procurement material and ensures timely processing of payments
- Assists in drafting objectives and scopes of work for contracts
- Compiles and submits contract packages
- Assists in monitoring financial spending, projecting costs, and forecasting award spending
- Assists in drafting, proofing, and maintaining program budgets
- Monitors online news sources to develop a knowledge of key sociopolitical issues in the Caucasus
- Compiles weekly reports for internal and external audiences
- Assists in updating Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning databases and programmatic trackers and schedules
- Assists in maintaining and improving filing conventions and document maintenance in project portals
- Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events as needed
- Drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials (web stories, blogs, and social media posts)
- Assists with tracking program compliance including activity deliverables and Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plans
- Participates in program and strategy design sessions
- Participates in business development, such as proposal writing, background research, and budget drafting
- Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives (optional)
- Performs other duties as assigned.