Please apply using the following link. Applications not sent through the link will not be considered.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Development Coordinator will support external relations and fundraising through prospect research, gift acknowledgments, campaign and event execution, and database management. The DC will also provide administrative support to key fundraisers, including the Executive Director, external relations team, and Board of Directors and Associates Board, maximizing their involvement and impact on the organization.
Gift Processing & Database Management (40%)
- Record all donations and supporting documentation in Salesforce
- Write and distribute gift receipts
- Ensure that donor records are accurate and up to date
- Prepare, manage, and update contact lists for board and staff outreach around major appeals and events
- Support tracking of external relations KPIs and their alignment with organization DEIB values and strategic goals
Board and Associates Board Administrative Support (40%)
- Manage board governance paperwork, schedule full board and committee meetings, and complete additional administrative tasks as needed
- Support board stewardship programs, such as recognition of birthdays milestones, community-building events, onboarding, and offboarding
- Inform board prospects pipeline through regular philanthropic screening, major donor portfolio reviews, and board network mapping
- Track fundraising and meeting attendance and prepare quarterly reports for senior management and executive committee on board performance
- Collect departments' KPIs and prepare data snapshots for quarterly board reports
- Prepare bi-annual "give/get" reports for board members so they can thank their donors; prepare top-level analysis for the board executive committee and senior management
Campaign and Event Execution (20%)
- Support the execution of an annual stewardship plan with key touchpoints, including program visits, volunteer events, and our annual fundraising gala.
- Lead the data management of annual appeals.
- Execute event and campaign follow-up with donors, volunteers, and attendees.
- Screen donor and board prospects from the one-day and long-term volunteer pool
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Has a minimum of one-two year of experience in an administrative position
- Is organized, pays strong attention to details, and builds systems and processes to deliver results consistently
- Has strong communication skills to deliver results consistently with different constituents
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to educational equity and is comfortable discussing and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion among donors
- Has Salesforce or other CRM experience. Graphic design skills are a plus
- Has a Bachelor's degree
- Experience with non-profit fundraising is preferred but not required
- Demonstrates excellence in Breakthrough New York's Core Values:
- Committed to Social Justice
- Lifelong Learners
- All in
COVID-19 Vaccination + Booster
All full-time staff, seasonal staff, and volunteers at BTNY must be "up to date" with their COVID-19 vaccination. "Up to date" means that you've received your original COVID-19 vaccine course and any booster dose for which you are eligible. Proof of vaccination will be requested upon offer. Candidates requesting an exemption to this policy based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may pursue this option upon offer with our Senior Director of Finance & Administration.
BREAKTHROUGH POINTS IF YOU…
- Are a Breakthrough alum/a or have you taught at a Breakthrough site previously
BTNY strongly believes in selecting the top, qualified candidates. As a part of your offer, you can expect to receive the following:
- Annual Salary range is between $50,000 - $53,000 (commensurate with experience and skills) that is reviewed annually
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits (partially employer-sponsored)
- 401K/Retirement Plan (with an employer-matching component)
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Health and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid time off: holiday, vacation, sick, and personal time – plus paid time off for the days between Christmas and New Year
- Additional Perks
- Annual Professional Development Stipend
Finally, working at BTNY allows you to work with an AMAZING team, build skills as a non-profit professional, work in an environment with plenty of growth opportunities, and make breakthroughs happen for NYC students.