Customer Experience Data Analyst - Technology
Cru is a caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ
Summary of Position Description
This role is required to approach the position with Cru in a manner that seeks, individually and
with others, the guidance of the Holy Spirit through prayer. The individual is expected to
approach the job in a way that reflects the teachings of the Lord, demonstrating dignity and
respect for those with whom the individual works, and an understanding his or her words and
deeds are a witness to the faith and mission of this organization.
The position uses data analytics to enhance and improve customer experience through
actionable insights. This individual will contribute to data mining, data cleansing, data analysis,
and visualization initiatives for the Experiences Team and internal stakeholders. The position is
focused on providing clear, accurate and actionable data to help foster meaningful user
experiences and to assist stakeholders in making key decisions to improve performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As an employee with Cru
● Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
● Exhibit Christian character through attitude and conduct with others in the workplace and in
daily life as outlined in the ‘Standards and Expectations’ section of the employee handbook.
● Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit in the performance of his/her duties
● Share what God is teaching him or her
● Consistently attend and participate in team and ministry devotional times and in other activities
specified by his/her leadership.
For this role:
• Make cross-platform and CRM data more accessible, understandable, and usable.
• Plan and scope end-to-end data analysis projects by identifying the business problem and
selecting appropriate investigative testing and data solutions.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and drive journey performance metrics,
campaign metrics, constituent segmentation data, lifetime value data and cost data.
• Query, clean, format, and structure data for analysis in partnership with the engineering team.
• Analyze customer experience data and build predictive models using Datorama, CRM,
Salesforce Marketing and Advertising Cloud, web/mobile analytics, and other data sources.
• Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and
recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Optimize data configuration and solutions in Salesforce Marketing Cloud for efficiency and
• Train end users to create and use self-service reports and dashboards.
• Maintain and document data solutions for easy business consumption.
Other Functions (non-essential)
• Collaborate ministry-wide to influence the change needed for CRM and brand success
• Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an
environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks
• Personal development - engage in the Staff Development process including creating and
implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform essential function.
● Must exhibit a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a willingness and ability to share how
this relationship began
● Must sign the Statement of Faith of Cru without reservation
● Must be able to clearly express Biblical principles which are the foundation for the Christian
● Must exhibit a history of being connected to a body of believers who encourage his/her
● Must be willing to conduct his/her life in a way that is consistent with Cru’s standards and
expectations, understanding that his/her conduct in the workplace and in the community can
reflect on the mission of Cru.
• Data visualization tools and at least one BI platform (the ability to learn others) (i.e.: Looker,
Tableau, Power BI, Google Data Studio, Datorama, etc.), with a preference for Datorama
• Data retrieval, manipulation, analysis and insight generation
• SQL and structured databases
• CX/UX research methods and user journeys
• (Nice to have) KNOWLEDGE OF:
• Predictive/Advanced Analytics
• CRM systems & Salesforce Marketing cloud
• Google Suite/Workspace tools like Drive, Sheets, Slides, etc.
• Keep up to date on changing trends in customer experience, marketing and data analytics
• Lead metrics creation, analysis and interpretation of large volumes of data
• Extract data requirements from functional requirements with stakeholders
• Identify opportunities along a user journey to optimize experience and to encourage visits,
conversions, drive customer engagement, acquisition, and retention
• Work cross-functionally to cultivate partnerships with technical and non-technical staff
• Work independently and take initiative
• Provide ongoing technical support to stakeholders with minimal guidance or oversight
• Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and adjust communication
style/vocabulary to an audience’s role/function and technical familiarity
• Communicate insights in an understandable and actionable way
• Work confidentially with discretion
• Meet time schedules, deadlines, and plan and organize work
Min/Preferred Education Level Description Minimum 4 Year / Bachelors
Degree in Statistics, Analytics, Finance or a related field with a strong quantitative aptitude
2 Years of hands-on experience using SQL; related technologies such as data modeling, analytics, and predictive concepts; or equivalent combination of education and experience using Salesforce or Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus.
"As a religious organization whose purpose and character are primarily religious, Cru may prefer to hire and employ individuals who agree with our religious beliefs and who are faithful to our doctrinal and ethical teachings and practices."