Square Roots K-8 Program Coordinator
CSTO is seeking anexperienced, energetic, and motivated Educator to join CSTO’s programming staff. S/he will have an opportunity to help build, shape, and maintain CSTO’s Square Roots Program. Square Roots (Grades K2-8) is an EEC licensed afterschool and summer learning program, that uses project-based learning to support students’ academic success, language proficiency, and social emotional well-being.
Organization: Castle Square Tenants Organization's mission is to promote the economic, educational and social empowerment of low and moderate income individuals by providing access to safe, quality affordable housing and supportive direct service programs.
Responsibilities would include:
● Program administration: supporting the Program Manager with the creation of reports and proposals; attending and participating in CSTO staff meetings; oversees administration such as taking attendance and collecting completed forms.
● Community outreach and partnership cultivation: assists Program Manager to maintain partnerships and communications with other community based organizations; Outreach through specific channels of communication, attending community resource fairs, connecting the program staff with partners.
● Curriculum development and direct services: Works closely with the Manager to develop curriculum, provide feedback regarding curriculum, and to facilitate classrooms as needed.
● Daily supervision of Group Leaders & Assistant Group Leaders: delegates daily tasks that ensure the success of the program, monitors behavior and provides feedback to staff when necessary, reports any incidents regarding staff to the Program Manager, supervises the direct service relationships between staff and participants.
● Visioning and Program Design: works closely with the Program Manager to create a structure and curriculum(s) that are supportive and engaging; supports with creation of school vacation curriculum, field trips, and activities. Assist Group Leaders with developing individual skills development plans.
● EEC Compliance:assists the Program Manager to ensure that all aspects of the Square Roots Program are in compliance with EEC rules and regulations.
● Direct Service: visit classrooms on a regular basis to support Group Leaders with pick up/dismissal, classroom management, daily meals, etc.
● Event coordination and participation: CSTO has several annual events. The Program Coordinator will collaborate with other program staff on CSTO program and organization-wide events as needed.
● Parent Communication: Maintain strong communication with program participants’ parents.
● Assessment and Evaluation: Understand goals, systems and tools for tracking outcomes and measurements. Administer evaluation tools, collect and input program data into designated system;
● Professional Development: Attend professional development training to improve curriculum and delivery of programming.
● Other duties as required
Ideal Candidate Description and Qualification:
The ideal candidate will be someone who is willing to collaborate and innovate in order to create a rich, exciting, and academically fulfilling experience for our youth. Prior experience working in a multicultural atmosphere and ability to relate to youth of immigrant families are qualities that are strongly preferred. S/he should be patient and passionate about education, art, social justice, media and ideally have experience working with youth both in the classroom and in community-based settings. A light heart and a sense of humor is always a plus.
● A minimum of 3 years of relevant, professional work experience
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field,
● At least 3 years of teaching experience and developing curriculum.
● Experience supervising staff is a plus
● Energetic and enthusiastic about working with urban youth
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Experience in a multicultural community setting
● CPR/First Aid certified (preferred)
● Strong Communication skills (verbal and written)
● C.O.R.I and S.O.R.I. checks required.
Castle Square Tenants Organization, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should contact CSTO’s Square Roots Program Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- After school
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location