Job Title: Research Associate Scientific II(Material Science)
Location: Round Lake IL
Duration: 12 months
To conduct chemical characterization/testing involves in the identification of polymeric materials and the identification and quantification of its chemical constituents used in medical devices:
- Identify and quantify the materials of construction of the medical device such as IV sets, IV containers, IV pumps, etc.
- Identify and quantify the chemical constituents in each material of construction
- Identify and quantify the chemical substances used in the medical device’s manufacturing process, including processing aids and residues.
- Identify and quantify the release of chemical substances from the device
- BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent work experience
- 2 or more years of chemical characterizations in polymers. Must know how to operate GC-MS, LC-MS, HPLC, TLC, ICP-MS, etc.
- Able to follow EP pharmacopeias (such as EP3.1.5, EP3.1.14, EP3.1.13, etc) or Baxter procedures (e.g Elemental impurities quantification per ICP-MS)
- Able to follow and comply to Good documentation practice
- Able to write protocol, conduct test, analyze result and write report.