Assessment Specialist- CASAC
Welcome to Project ACE NADAP where you can make a difference!
Do you want to have an important impact as a CASAC? Can you imagine a workload that you complete at the end of each day? Yes, No More Caseloads and No More Treatment Plans. No more rushing to meet those deadlines.
Become an Assessment Specialist at NADAP and join a dynamic professional team of individuals who are here to help the clients best meet their needs.
The Assessment Specialists work business hours Monday-Friday. We offer a competitive salary and excellent health package including tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness program.
Project ACE (Assessment*Case Management*Employment) is an intensive, employment-focused case management program that helps more than 700 New York City residents. We are dedicated to assisting clients identify their barriers to employment by completing a comprehensive assessment and by referring qualified clients for case management services. By addressing housing, substance abuse, medical/mental conditions and legal barriers, Project ACE helps clients move toward economic independence and self-sufficiency. That is our goal!
A Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) interviews clients referred by New York City’s HRA, applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate treatment needs and levels of care. Our CASACs work with a variety of HRA-identified special client populations, and interact with treatment providers daily.
- Conduct one on one assessments on HRA-identified applicants and recipients
- Determine if treatment is needed
- Make all appropriate based referrals on clients needs
- Encourage qualified clients to attain case management services
- Must have an active NYS CASAC credential
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a substance use treatment setting
- High school degree is required, Bachelors is preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus