Procure to Pay Specialist - Finance
The mission of the Boston Public Health Commission (BPHC) is to protect, preserve, and promote the health and well-being of all Boston residents, particularly the most vulnerable. The BPHC envisions a thriving Boston where all residents live healthy, fulfilling lives free of racism, poverty, violence, and other systems of oppression. The BPHC sets an expectation that all staff and leadership commit, individually and as part of the BPHC team, to hold ourselves accountable to establishing a culture of antiracism and advance racial equity and justice through each of our bureaus, programs, and offices.
The Procure to Pay Specialist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day responsibilities related to the timely and accurate processing and payment of all BPHC vendor invoices. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review invoices and requisitions prior to payment checking for accuracy and completeness. Review invoices for accuracy following BPHC's Procure to Pay guidelines.
- Prepare weekly pre-Check and pre-Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) reports, review for inconsistencies and errors, resolve problems, submit payment reports for approval to the CFO and Director of Administration & Finance. Process vendor payments. Resolve returned EFT and Check payments.
- Handle the reconciliation of the Accounts Payable (AP) Bank of America account.
- Monitor and research outstanding checks in CashPro. Submit 3 years uncashed checks to Commonwealth of MA
- Maintain and process vendor transactions, review vendor files for previous payments.
- Ensure all transactions are in compliant with BPHC Procure to Pay policies and guidelines.
- Make recommendations for improvements and enhancements to the ReQlogic requisitioning system and GP2018 A/P module.
- Make recommendations to; streamline work processes, replace outdated or obsolete forms, improve communication with vendors and provide customer service to vendors and BPHC staff.
- Serve as a P2P liaison and resource to bureaus, programs/departments for all Procure-to-Pay activities.
- Provide training to P2P staff as required.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of data collection for accurate and timely reporting
- Review and improve invoice approval routing for accuracy.
- Establish strong working relationship with vendors; respond to and resolve vendor inquiries as necessary.
- Track problem invoices. Resolve discrepancies with vendors. Delegate resolution to Bureaus and Departments and Programs when necessary.
- Produce and analyze AP aging and AP historical reports monthly.
- Support annual 1099 (MISC and NEC) and 1096 reporting process.
- Participate and engage in Procure to Pay team and BPHC activities and initiatives.
- Collaborate with other Finance Department team members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Work in a confidential capacity with the Procure to Pay Director. Senior P2P Analyst and CFO.
- Additional administrative office duties and projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of fiscal experience OR at least 4 years of fiscal related experience in lieu of degree.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with either Great Plains 2018 or ReQlogic requisitioning software a plus
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to solve problems. think logically, take initiative, and pay attention to detail
- Able to organize and disseminate complex and diverse information
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent quantitative skills, including ability to analyze data
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively as an individual or as a member of a team
- Working to help BPHC become an antiracist organization by meeting or exceeding the standards set by the BPHC Anti-Racism Policy.
City of Boston Residency Required. A Criminal Offenders Records Information request must be completed for this position. However, a record is not an automatic bar to employment but is reviewed in relation to the job applied for., Any position that requires an advanced degree will be subject to education verification, The Boston Public Health Commission is an EEO Employer and all applicants meeting the minimum requirements are eligible to apply. The advertised shift and schedule are subject to change at the departments discretion.
$55,000 - $65,000/Annually
35 hours/week 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Hybrid schedule is subject to BPHC's temporary teleworking policy.