Senior Demand Planning Modeling Analyst - Remote
The Senior Analyst of Demand Planning Modeling will work closely with supply planning, sales, Category management, demand planners, finance and design and build demand forecast models leveraging statistical algorithms and advanced analytic techniques that will help drive new insights, process improvements, and innovation. The Senior Analyst will assist to select Demand Planning Applications in market and will play a key role in the implementation & roll-out of such application. The Senior Analyst of Demand Planning Modeling will report to the Senior Director of Demand Planning Modeling and Systems.
Here are some of the EXCITING things you’ll get to do:
• Develop statistical demand modeling to generate an independent & unbiased forecasting based on various causal factors such as regular pricing, promotion pricing, changes in macro-economic trends, internal and external cannibalization, cross channel cannibalization, impacts of straight discount, Gift Cards, trade-In promotions etc.
• Build variance reports to understand the forecasting differences between the modeling forecast and sales team’s forecast.
• Maintain detailed forecast accuracy matrix including PE- Percentage Error, APE – Absolute Percent Error, MAPE – Mean Absolute Percent Error and WMAPE- Weighted Mean Absolute Percent Error across product Categories and account teams.
• Leverage retail industry knowledge, real-time analytics and dashboards to monitor Planning processes and automated logic to identify improvement opportunities
• Adapt and respond timely to business changes. Determine the impact to Planning and Forecasting processes and develop recommendations for adapting the automated logic
• Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, develop forecast models, and post-mortem results for accuracy
• Anticipate obstacles and proactively plan accordingly while effectively elevating issues and strategizing solutions to complex problems that may arise during development
• Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances, refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions, and improve forecast accuracy
• Bachelor Degree required in statistics, economics, operations research, data science or computer science, or related fields.
• 5+ years of experience working in analytics / data science
• Advanced Skills in MS Excel
• Relevant work experience within forecasting, demand planning, S&OP and/or other relevant analytical experience in retail, CPG or manufacturing organization.
• Good communication and cross functional collaboration skills
• Master or higher Degree in statistics, economics, operations research, data science, computer science or comparable fields.
• Expertise developing advanced analytics methods: forecasting algorithms, modeling, predictive statistical methods and machine learning.
• Strong understanding of Supply chain Applications and backend functioning
• Experience in designing / implementing forecasting software
• Experience in VBA, R, Python programming