Boston Partners in Education is hiring a Development Manager. This individual will have a key role in advancing the organization's fundraising strategy, including managing corporate and foundation giving, planning and writing digital appeals, and supporting development operations.
About the Organization:
By creating supportive relationships between students and volunteer mentors, Boston Partners in Education (BPIE) ensures a more equitable city where every Boston Public Schools (BPS) student is equipped with the skills, opportunity, and confidence to succeed in the classroom and beyond. BPIE recruits, trains, places and supports volunteer academic mentors to work with students in grades kindergarten through twelve, one-on-one or in small groups during the school day and one-on-one virtually after school. BPIE is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
The Development Manager will be a key member of BPIE’s development team, working to attain, increase, and retain corporate, individual, and private foundation support to grow the organization’s revenue base annually. They report to the Director of Development. The three primary areas of responsibility are:
- Driving the cultivation, application, and reporting process for corporate and foundation grants
- Managing and executing key elements of BPIE’s day-to-day fundraising activities and operations
- Overseeing the program aspects of BPIE’s corporate partnerships (including Big Cheese initiative)
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Grants Management (30%)
- Research, identify, and cultivate current and prospective corporate and private foundations
- Identify and research grant opportunities
- With support from Director of Development, draft and submit compelling grant applications and reports on behalf of the organization
- Maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement
- Track and manage the organization’s grants calendar
Corporate Relations (40%)
- Manage an assigned portfolio of existing corporate sponsors and corporate foundations
- In collaboration with Partnerships team, coordinate and support Boston Partners in Education’s corporate engagement/career pathway events
- Research and cultivate new corporate donors to help Boston Partners in Education meet annual fundraising goals
Development Operations (30%)
- Execute key elements of the organization’s fundraising activities and operations, including data management, reporting, and donor communications
- Manage gift processing, including data management in BPIE’s Salesforce CRM
- Support the Director of Development in prospect research, outreach, and preparing for external meetings
- Write and/or edit content for direct mail and digital appeals, donor communications, and newsletters
- Support the Director of Development with fundraising event management, including participation in planning calls, coordinating staff and volunteer participation, and executing on event-related logistics
- Participate as a member of the Board/Staff Development Committee
- Perform other duties relevant to the Development department as requested
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Partnerships teams in service of organization-wide goals
Skills and Experience:
The Development Manager is a highly collaborative, goal-oriented, and driven relationship builder, who is excited by both higher-level strategy and on-the-ground operational work. The ideal candidate will bring some or all of the following personal and professional characteristics to the position:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Creative, critical, and strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable speaking and serving as group leader when needed
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility and confidence with donors, corporations, and prospects
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM preferred
- Familiarity with educational programming and the Boston Public Schools preferred
- Dedication to the mission and values of Boston Partners in Education
- Progressive fundraising or sales experience
- Experience working with team members of diverse roles and backgrounds
- Vendor management preferred
- Experience planning and executing public-facing events
Hybrid on-site/remote; job duties may be done mostly remotely, but attendance at some in-person meetings, events, etc. in Boston is necessary, including at least one day per week in our office.
Boston Partners in Education provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We serve and partner with a diverse population of schools, students and staff, and wish to build high-performing teams that mirror the communities we serve. Boston Partners in Education prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
In accordance with applicable law, Boston Partners in Education requires current and future employees, whether full-time or part-time, to provide proof of up to date vaccination against COVID-19.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employment at Boston Partners in Education is at-will. Boston Partners in Education does not sponsor work authorization visas.
To apply, please visit https://bostonpartners.freshteam.com/jobs/8M4fnP6BmT6S/development-manager