Sales and Customer Service
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS IMMEDIATELY FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & SALES SUPPORT AT A CREATIVE TEXTILE DESIGN COMPANY
NOTE: We practice COVID-safe production.
Carolyn Ray Inc. Yonkers NY
Position Available: Customer Service/Sales Support
Starting Date: Immediate
Job Type: Full time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
See our website carolynray.com.
Carolyn Ray Inc is an in-house production textile studio located in Yonkers, New York. Our small, tight knit team, has been creating beautiful and innovative fabrics and wallcoverings for high-end interiors all over the world since 1978. Driven by creative innovation, nature and the spirit of exploration, our team combines art and industry to create exceptional materials for interiors. Noted for timeless themes, subtle color, and richly layered surfaces, Carolyn Ray designs are modern classics.
Who should apply:
- We are looking for high-energy, versatile applicants with strong aptitude in office administration and customer service, as well as an interest in studio production of handpainted fabrics.
- Great opportunity to learn the nuts and bolts of a custom textile business.
- Should possess extreme attention to detail to learn our high standards for quality, be flexible and enjoy multitasking, and be comfortable switching between projects.
- The ideal candidates are self-motivated generalists who enjoy a balance of office and occasional studio work, enjoy teamwork, are quick on their feet, and have strong people skills.
- Responsibilities include, but not limited to: Liaison to our customers, representatives, and suppliers. Order processing. Sales reports and marketing. Inventory and supply management. Bills and payroll. Facilities management. Special projects with the company president. Jump in wherever needed!
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent math skills, particularly involving fractions, percentages and ratios
- Excellent color sense
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs and work on your feet, while maintaining a quick pace in execution of all tasks
- Confidence in time management skills
- Able to work within strict deadlines and show grace under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented while still being able to see the big picture, focused and organized
- Must be punctual, professional and personable, with a passion for learning
- 2-3 years experience in office administration/management preferred, but willing to train the right candidate
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Experience with Studio Art, specifically in painting or textiles
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Any applications not sent in this format will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.