Spanish Teacher (Foreign Languages)
Bargaining Unit: Rochester Teachers Association (RTA)
Job Location: TBD
Job Title: Teacher - Spanish (Foreign Languages)
Hours: 35 hrs/wk
Salary/Range: $48,500 - $70,119 (Starting pay range, depending on experience)
The Rochester City School District (RCSD), located in vibrant Monroe County on the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario serves over 26,000 students, of whom more than 85% are students of color, in 46 schools and 10 alternative programs. The RCSD Board of Education and Superintendent believe that each student has recognizable and untapped potential that we all strive to discover and fulfill. In a partnership of family, school, and community, our mission is to provide all students equitable access to a high-quality education and graduate students who are prepared to become productive members of society. The Rochester City School District’s vision is to provide a high-quality education that fosters the development of the individual talents and abilities of our students in a nurturing environment of equity. Students are our first priority and will drive each decision. Our work is centered in respect, trust, integrity, and accountability.
FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION OF UNIT:
To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Plans an instruction program that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Creates an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and—in harmony with the goals—establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Evaluates the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning abilities and disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of District specialists as required.
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and parents on a regular basis and works cooperatively with staff, superiors, and the community.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develops reasonable rules of behavior and procedure and maintains order in a fair and just manner.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends meetings and serves on staff committees as appropriate.
- Follows State Education Department's regulations.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree for provisional certification and appropriate additional graduate work for permanent certification
- New York State Teaching Certificate in subject area