Project Manager - HR
Healthcare's helping hand.
CHG shook things up in 1979 by inventing the locum tenens staffing model. We connect doctors with patients who need their care. As the largest physician staffing firm in America, our providers treat millions of patients each year.
Our industry is growing and demand is high. This means you'll have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in your career. Keeping healthcare healthy can be as fun as it is rewarding.
Leveraging project management best practices, this role supports the People Operations functions and will lead and manage strategic projects for Compensation, Benefits, Payroll and People Services to help grow and scale our total rewards programs at CHG.
Ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be comfortable problem solving and influencing up and down the organization to ensure project deadlines are met and projects are deployed successfully.
Must have experience managing HR projects in a matrixed environment. Benefits knowledge and experience preferred.
* Manage small to large complex cross-functional projects and initiatives in people operations
* Establish project success criteria with the sponsor and drive the project to meet established measures
* Responsible for creating, maintaining, and managing project schedules, project charter, project scope and other project documentation as required throughout the project lifecycle
* Plan and manage for project success, including being iterative and adaptive through all phases of the project life cycle
* Track and report project status and escalate issues as appropriate to ensure timely resolution
* Coordinate the development and execution of test plans, test cases, implementation plans, training plans, communication plans, user acceptance testing and user documentation
* Manage project scope through the maintenance of project and implementation plans and ensure any changes to scope are documented and approved, including any changes that may impact project budget
* Consults with the people operations leadership and team members to ensure scope is clearly defined, change is managed, communication gaps are minimized, risks and issues are mitigated
* Partners with people operations, business application and digital teams to secure required IT resources and business SMEs; defines project sub-team roles and responsibilities; ensures digital teams and business areas are involved as appropriate
* Develop working relationships with digital and business team members, including external vendors representatives such as Mercer.
* Manage external vendors through solution selection and implementation
* Responsible for understanding the project/product needs and requirements and working with the business and technical teams to implement the appropriate solution.
* Consult with business to assist in their understanding and identification of opportunities to use technology to improve their business processes
* Determine how results will be measured and complete post-project evaluation to determine how well results were achieved
* Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
* Ensure project documents are archived following project completion
* Adapt to changing organizational priorities while being mindful of any decisions that may have impact on projects
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexity and size, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
* Proven track record with taking initiative to do what it takes to drive results and continuously move the project forward through commitment, accountability, and ownership for the project and serve as the project advocate
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels; effective in communicating with senior leadership as well as technical staff
* Strong reasoning, negotiation, decision making and consensus-building skills. Proven problem-solving and analytical skills with an ability to approach a problem logically and systematically
* Must be able to collaborate with others to build out plans and schedules the team is bought in to. Effectiveness in leading project resources and schedules at all levels
* Effective presentation skills - must be able to create PowerPoint presentations that tell the right story for the appropriate audience and present ideas in a group setting
* Remain engaged in project through close to include lessons learned and evaluation of project
* Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment
* Ability to manage external vendors through solution selection and implementation
* Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, change-oriented environment
* Can remain self-motivated and engaged in times of ambiguity
* Proficient in Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and in Smartsheet or other project management software
* 5 years of experience leading projects both in an HR operations and digital setting
* Advanced understanding of PMBOK methodology, project metrics, and reporting
* PMP or ACP certified
* Bachelor's degree
In return we offer:
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match
• Traditional healthcare benefits such as medical and dental coverage, and some unique benefits like onsite health centers, corporate wellness programs, and free behavioral health appointments.
• Flexible work schedules - including work-from-home options available
• Recognition programs with rewards including trips, cash, and paid time off
• Family-friendly benefits including paid parental leave, fertility coverage, adoption assistance, and marriage counseling
• Tailored training resources including free LinkedIn learning courses
• Volunteer time off and employee-driven matching grants
• Tuition reimbursement programs
Click here to learn more about our company and culture.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an at-will employer
What makes CHG Different?