Mental Health Therapist
Seneca Family of Agencies was founded in 1985 as a small Bay Area residential and day treatment program with a simple but powerful mission: to help children and families through the most difficult times of their lives. Since then, Seneca has expanded to provide a broad continuum of permanency, mental health, education, and juvenile justice services, which today reach over 18,000 youth and families throughout California and Washington State each year. The agency’s growth has been guided by a commitment to our Unconditional Care® model – doing whatever it takes to help children and families thrive, even when faced with tremendous challenges. Seneca is committed to supporting historically underrepresented communities and informing agency policies and practices through its agency-wide DEI Initiative and DEI Advisory Board. Our agency’s values of love and compassion, hope and courage, respect, curiosity, joy, equity and justice anchor our work across all programs, ensuring our staff leverage the cultural strengths of the families and communities we serve. Seneca is committed to fostering an agency culture that is welcoming, cooperative, and inclusive of diverse peoples and worldviews.
About the Role
As a Mental Health Therapist in the Wraparound program, the primary role is to provide therapeutic services to ensure that all parties are working together toward stability for the child and family. You will be coordinating services and planning for children who are referred through social service, probation or mental health departments and are in the process of stepping down from institutional into family or family-like settings. Services will be provided almost exclusively in the community: in families’ homes, group homes, foster homes, schools, etc.
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond. We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, licensure and renewal courses led by field experts. Clinical stipend for expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees. $4,000 salary increase upon getting licensed. Professional Development Scholarships to achieve certifications in areas such as CBT, DBT, EMDR, or Spanish for mental health practitioners.
- Meet with clients and caregivers on a weekly basis to further treatment goals through individual and family therapy.
- Participates in any and all Child and Family Teams developed by the Care Coordinator/Facilitator.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with community members and providers.
- Coordinate and implement overall treatment and services for assigned clients.
- Provides assistance in case planning and consultation to team members on clinical issues, as well as casework issues, as appropriate.
- Intervene with the clients’ behavior management programs as needed.
- Chart mental health notes, outcome measures, incident reports, and other documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in crisis response system.
- Participate in individual and/or group supervision.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately representing the Seneca mission and philosophy.
- Master’s degree in Social Work/Psychology/Counseling
- Must be registered or licensed with the California BBS
- TB test clearance, fingerprint clearances, and all other state/federal licensing or certification requirements
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Own vehicle, valid California Drivers License and insurance
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Good organizational and writing skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Experience working with children in out-of-home care
- Starting at $67,000 per year, with actual salary dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role.
- $4,000 salary increase upon licensure
- An additional compensation upon passing a bilingual language proficiency exam.
- $2000 sign-on bonus!
- Comprehensive employee benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, acupuncture, and fertility coverage.
- Long-term disability, family leave, and life insurance.
- 50% paid premiums for dependents.
- 403b retirement plan.
- Employer-Paid Assistance Plan.
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off, 11 paid holidays
- Seneca supports clinicians toward licensure and beyond.
- We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts.
- Expenses such as outside training or licensure fees can be mitigated through your clinical training stipend.
***Please apply directly through our website by clicking here!***
Key Words: Social Worker, Mental Health, MFT, MSW, PCC, ASW, AMFT, APCC, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, Therapist, Therapy, Social Work, Non-profit, Nonprofit, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare