Software System Engineer 1
**Please note in order to be considered for this role you must click apply externally and complete a Dell application.**
Software System Engineer
Join us as a Software System Engineer on our E-Lab Product Security team in Hopkinton, MA to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a member of DELL’s E-Lab team, you will contribute to the security testing, qualification and certification of DELL software and hardware solutions. You will be responsible to install various operating systems, adapters, updates, configure hosts and tools within a NAS/SAN with multiple storage arrays. You will also integrate software from DELL and verify data security and vulnerability. As part of security integration, you will be responsible to develop and execute test suites, analyze the results, report their findings, and achieve resolution for any failed results. Duties may include developing and documenting best practices, generating product documentation, installing, and administering multiple systems/environments and debugging and documenting issues found in product documentation.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Software System Engineer on our E-Lab Engineering team in Massachusetts.
- Conduct security assessment, penetration testing (web application, native application, web services, cloud-based services, and infrastructure assessments).
- Automate test cases using our test framework
- Develop and execute test plans based on product release roadmaps
- Report testing status to Management & Cross functional team members as requested
- Investigate product, script and environment issues and maintain the Security Testing Tools and data results
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Knowledge of commonly used equipment, concepts, practices, and procedures within Data Center Operations
- Network design, implement and administer
- Experience programming with one or more of the following languages - C#, C++, Java, Python, Shell scripting, BASH, PowerShell and understanding of cryptography standards
- Experience with web application scanning tools (e.g., Static / Dynamic, Interactive, etc.)
- Knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security (OWASP), infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security.
- Bachelors or equivalent in EE/CE/CS/CyberSecurity
- Understanding of security exploits and vulnerabilities
- Experience in Security scanning applications such as Qualys WAS, Appspider, Acutenitx, Veracode, Burp Suite, Netsparker, OWASP Zap, Checkmarx, Whitesource, Snyk or similar
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 April 2023
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.