BI and Data Analyst-II
We have an exciting opportunity for a BI and Data Analyst-II (BIDA) to participate in a team effort that is shaping data architecture, evolving data governance, and advancing data culture at AAAS.
The BI and Data Analyst-II (BIDA) works under the supervision of the Director of Research & Data Analytics and in coordination with other team members to analyze, interpret, and report on data to contribute to AAAS strategic planning, business goals and overall mission. In a team setting, the BIDA will implement data and analytics projects and support ongoing efforts to train and build community among analysts at AAAS.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
Contribute to Data and Analytics Infrastructure
- Connect various data sources to PBI.
- Curate datasets, reports and dashboards in PBI.
- Develop fast and efficient .pbix files that produce accurate and reliable data.
- Write fast and performant database queries using a flavor of SQL Server to pull data into PB.
- Continuously monitor data quality and develop processes to improve accuracy and completeness.
- Support business analysts in the development of PBI reports and dashboards.
- Maintain documentation of PBI datasets and reports.
- Connect siloed data sources.
- Participate in efforts to identify and pilot test tools and technology that will advance our data infrastructure and data governance.
- Become deeply familiar with PBI and stay up to date as it evolves.
Support Data Culture
- Update and maintain PBI Author training materials.
- Coach and mentor junior staff
- Plan and implement projects across the lifecycle (conception/initiation, planning, execution, and closeout).
- Create and maintain project plans to ensure timely delivery to internal customers.
- Manage resources to ensure projects are completed on time and in budget.
Literature Reviews/Internet Searches (As needed)
- Conduct Internet search on topic at hand.
- Summarize findings.
- Make recommendations.
- BA/BS and at least 2 years of experience working with large, complex datasets or MA/MS or PhD. Degree(s) must be from an accredited college or university in statistics, economics, social science, or a mathematical discipline, with statistics, research methods, and analysis coursework.
- Proficient in R and Power BI (or other data visualization software).
- Familiarity with SQL, and Python preferred.
- Experience performing business, data, and/or marketing analytics preferably related to analysis of large data sets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience presenting and synthesizing data analyses in a visually appealing and understandable method (e.g., charts, graphs, etc.).
- Familiarity with ETL.
- Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest by April 14, 2023. Applications will not be reviewed or considered without a cover letter.
- If you are unable to upload a cover letter with your application, your documents are too large, or if you have multiple files, e-mail them directly to email@example.com with the subject line, “BI and Data Analyst – Application Materials: [Applicant Name]”.
- A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
The anticipated initial rate of compensation for this position starts at $85,000 per year. AAAS currently provides the following benefits for this position: paid vacation leave, paid sick leave, paid holidays, health insurance, flexible spending account, dental insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, retirement benefits, short- and long-term disability, each subject to the terms of the applicable program. Additional benefits may apply.
Any actual offer of employment, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be made in the sole discretion of AAAS and will be based on a variety of factors, including years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant factors. AAAS reserves the right to amend or modify its employment benefits and compensation structure at any time.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.