EF is the world’s leading educational travel provider with over 55 years of experience. With our International Summer Schools, we offer young learners the opportunity to spend 2 – 4 weeks in North America, improving their English language skills in a robust program while participating in a full-activity program of sports, discos, parties, excursions, and lots more!
About the role
In this role, you will plan, prepare, and deliver the EF academic program through structured and interactive lessons and ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction.
Your key tasks will consist of, but not be limited to:
- Facilitating testing during the course, including marking tests.
- Lesson planning and preparation before each class.
- Teaching classes every weekday following the EF methodology.
- Classroom management.
- Daily liaising with co-teacher to discuss progress & ongoing lessons.
- Monitoring daily attendance and keeping up-to-date records and paperwork.
- Attending all teacher meetings.
- Ensuring the EF behavior code is always followed by students and informing management immediately if there are any issues or problems.
- Dealing with problems and emergency situations should they arise.
- Enthusiastic, organized, and a natural leader.
- Highly responsible, approachable, and friendly.
- Have the ability to create a positive learning environment.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Attend training before your contract commences.
- Have the right to live and work in the country of employment
- University degree or equivalent, preferred
- TEFL certificate or equivalent, preferred
- Minimum six months of teaching experience or one summer teaching for EF.
- Complete fluency in English
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.