Senior Program Manager
Do you want to advance racial and economic justice while tackling climate change?
Join our innovative non-profit and be part of a talented diverse team driven to expand access to climate solutions and green jobs across Massachusetts. Our mission is to accelerate an inclusive clean energy economy. We work hand-in-hand with cities and local community organizations to connect communities of color, non-English speakers and renters to energy-saving programs and affordable renewable energy. These programs help families and businesses save money, make their homes healthier, and combat climate change. We are also increasing green career opportunities for people of color, multilingual individuals and women.
The Cambridge Senior Program Manager leads our collaboration with the City of Cambridge, developing and implementing outreach strategies and partnerships to reach residents, property owners and small businesses and connect them to the myriad of energy programs offered by the City of Cambridge, ranging from energy efficiency to renewable energy to clean heating and cooling programs. You’ll manage integrated projects involving team members in multiple internal departments at All In Energy to ensure that we communicate clearly with Cambridge residents through marketing materials and customer support, track and evaluate data on program effectiveness, and guide residents through the process of accessing Cambridge’s energy-related programs.
- Develop outreach strategies: You’ll develop creative strategies for engaging residents and small businesses in Cambridge’s energy programs, in collaboration with City staff. This includes outreach to underserved groups in Cambridge (renters/landlords, low-to-moderate income households, non-English speakers and small businesses), as well as ensuring the City reaches its energy efficiency goals for a utility-sponsored program and developing new strategies for engaging property managers, landlords, and homeowners in Cambridge’s newly launched Decarbonization Pathway Program.
- Coordinate with energy program vendors: You’ll build relationships with the City’s vendors and communicate regularly with them to ensure their outreach efforts are coordinated. You will facilitate the collaboration between these vendors and the All In Energy Communications Team to ensure needed outreach materials are developed, have up-to-date information and are aligned with City branding requirements. You will keep track of these efforts and communicate with the City to ensure alignment.
- Build community and City department partnerships: You will work hand-in-hand with City of Cambridge departments and develop relationships with local nonprofits to engage residents, property owners, and small businesses and enable them to participate in Cambridge’s energy programs.
- Educate the community: You will implement the outreach strategies you develop, such as direct outreach through mail, email, phone, and 1:1 meetings with building owners, residents and small business owners, presentations, canvassing and tabling at events.
- Manage cross-departmental projects to ensure deliverables are met. You will convene needed meetings between City staff and All In Energy teams to coordinate communications, data, and customer service workstreams, monitor the milestones and deliverables of these integrated projects, and support consistent communication between our teams and with the City to ensure projects stay on track or are adjusted as needed.
- Track progress and author quarterly reports for the City on our efforts. You will maintain an updated campaign plan and track progress toward deliverables. You will coordinate and contribute to a quarterly report to the City that covers all aspects of our work in Cambridge, including outreach, marketing, customer support, and data infrastructure.
- Support All In Energy’s mission with miscellaneous projects, as needed. As a member of the All In Energy team, you may periodically be pulled into other projects, as your capacity and expertise allows. These will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may shift as your expertise grows.
- Passionate about the All In Energy mission and vision.
- Familiarity with Cambridge neighborhoods, nonprofit organizations, city departments, or other relevant constituents.
- 2-5 years relevant professional experience leading community outreach campaigns, partnership development, working in low-to-moderate income, multi-lingual and/or majority-minority communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to distill and clearly communicate complex information for a public audience in both written and verbal formats.
- Experience building partnerships or collaborating with others towards a common goal.
- Adept at meeting and project management, with a track record of keeping complex projects on track.
- Comfort using data analysis to draw conclusions.
- Public speaking or presentation experience.
- Proven ability to take initiative, learn quickly and creatively problem solve.
- Strong attention to detail, can maintain organizational systems, prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Works independently and as a part of a small, nimble team.
- Willingness to travel around Cambridge and occasionally around Massachusetts.
- Successful completion of a background check and 5-panel drug test.
- Available for occasional weekend and evening events.
- Native or fluent speaker and writer in another language relevant in Cambridge (Spanish, Amharic, Bengali, Arabic, Haitian Kreyol, Portuguese, or Chinese).
- Basic familiarity with Massachusetts’ energy efficiency programs, clean heating and cooling technologies, and renewable energy options, such as community solar, municipal electricity aggregation and rooftop solar.
- Internship/volunteer management experience.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database system.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
Hours, Compensation and Benefits: For a detailed list go to bit.ly/AIEbenefits
- Full Time position, Salary $45,000-$53,000, commensurate with experience.
- Flexible Work (hours or location) with periodic in-person travel around Massachusetts.
- Relaxed Dress Code.
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday benefits.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
COVID19 Vaccination Policy
In line with All In Energy’s values to support the health and resilience of our staff, partners and communities, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire. All In Energy follows the CDC definition of “Full vaccination” which may change overtime. Requests for an exemption and reasonable accommodation due to a medical disability or a sincerely held religious belief will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and consistent with applicable law.
All In Energy is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. In particular, we’re dedicated to broadening opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the clean energy economy. We’re committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We are actively seeking people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in this work.