Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher #2830- Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School
Date Closing: Open until filled.
POSTING #: 2830
The Sauk Rapids-Rice Public School District No. 47 is seeking an experienced and innovative middle school teacher to provide instruction in Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) at Sauk Rapids-Rice Middle School. Preferred candidates will have experience using technology in meaningful ways for teaching and learning, will have background in Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS), and will have previous experience working with middle level students to learn industrial technology skills.
Sauk Rapids-Rice Public Schools believe in:
- A culture of high quality and effective instruction
- Partnerships and collaboration
- Student and staff well-being
- High student achievement
- Stewardship of resources
- Equitable education
- Provide an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, physical and psychological growth
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
- Identify, select and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, interests, and learning needs
- Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement, particularly in the area of designing meaningful instructional opportunities utilizing the one-to-one Technology
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
Outstanding candidates will have:
- Ability to work with diverse middle school learners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work collaboratively with students, parents/guardians, staff and administration
- Strong classroom management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of best practices, including use of technology resources, for middle school learners
- Experience in creating student-centered learning opportunities that address state standards and support students to become life-long learners
- Experience effectively using a variety of data sources to inform instruction
- Valid Minnesota teaching license in Family and Consumer Sciences or relevant experience and willingness to seek a license special permission from PELSB
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant subject area
- Experience using technology to augment student learning
- Experience using PBIS to augment student engagement
1.0 FTE for the 2023-2024 school year.
Applications accepted online at www.isd47.org/start-your-career until filled.
Applications will be reviewed beginning March 9, 2023.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.