Guidance Counselor #2850- Sauk Rapids-Rice High School
Date Closing: Open until filled.
Posting # 2850
The Sauk Rapids-Rice Public School District No. 47 is seeking experienced and innovative high school counselor to provide services to students at Sauk Rapids-Rice High School. Preferred candidates will have experience using technology in meaningful ways for teaching and learning, will have background in Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS), and will have previous experience working with high school level students.
Sauk Rapids-Rice Public Schools believe in:
- A culture of high quality and effective instruction
- Partnerships and collaboration
- Student and staff well-being
- High student achievement
- Stewardship of Resources
- Equitable education
Promote school and individual success through a focus on:
- Academic achievement
- Prevention and intervention activities
- Social/emotional and career development
- Individual and small group counseling
- Group guidance
- Student records, scheduling, testing, registration, and communication
- Consultation with staff and parents
- College and career readiness
- Evaluation and assessment of counseling programs
Outstanding candidates will have:
- Ability to work with diverse high school learners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work collaboratively with students, parents/guardians, staff and administration
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of best practices in counseling
- Experience in creating student-centered learning opportunities that address state standards and support students to become life-long learners
- Experience effectively using a variety of data sources to inform instruction
- Awareness of and ability to work effectively with community agencies and resources
- Knowledge of individual and group counseling practices and procedures, of law regarding confidentiality and reporting, and of policies regarding graduation requirements
- Experience preferred in working with alternative programming, building master schedules, administering local and state assessments, and working collaboratively - with school psychologist, social worker, police liaison officer, and medical personnel
- Valid Minnesota teaching license as a school counselor
- Master's degree in school counseling
Experience using PBIS to augment student engagement
1.0 FTE beginning the 2023-2024 school year.
Applications accepted online at www.isd47.org/employment until filled.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible for employment.