Intern, Remote Support
Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, connected, and productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health, to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
We are doing things never before possible, and we need the brightest minds to help make that happen – the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That’s where you come in.
As a Remote Support Intern/Co-op, you will become proficient in one of our automation family of products and provide technical support to Rockwell Automation customers, field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging systems.
You will have the opportunity to be a significant contributor while getting comprehensive exposure to the business structure of Rockwell Automation and how we are helping our customers bring the Connected Enterprise to life. Each intern/co-op has a dedicated mentor to help navigate Rockwell Automation, ramp up in our codebase, and remove daily blockers. Additionally, as a student associate, there will be hosted activities and events intended to help you grow your network, develop your professional skills, and immerse yourself in our company culture.
- Support our customers and field personnel with troubleshooting and resolving customer issues via the phone, chat, and email channels
- Manage all customer interactions including, but not limited to, setting expectations with customers prior to concluding an interaction, capturing the customer issue/resolution/steps taken to troubleshoot within Service Ticket notes, executing the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) process, and following up with customers in a timely manner
- Manage small projects with supervision
- Adhere to all necessary company policies and procedures, standard operating procedures, and completing company/organization-wide required documentation/trainings.
- Update and author Technical Notes and other documentation with solutions or workarounds to commonly experienced problems, installation practices that create problems, how-to guides, etc. to improve customer satisfaction and acceptance
- Pursuing a degree in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science/Technology, Information Science/Technology or related Engineering/Technology major from an accredited four-year college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Preference is given to students who have had prior Internship or Co-op with Rockwell Automation
- Previous relevant experience in an Internship/Co-Op
- Prior experience utilizing programmable controllers, HMIs, or other industrial automation products is strongly preferred