High Performance Computing Internship
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Job Family Definition:
Assist in providing technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams while working with high performance/ supercomputers.
Participate in the delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs and, consequently understand customers’ businesses. Partner with trusted advisors to create and maintain effective customer relationships in order to ensure customer satisfaction. Develop knowledge of leading-edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Help shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers.
Management Level Definition:
Applies basic foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
- Develops knowledge on a number of the company's technologies in order to provide support or deliver part of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements. Tasks may include assisting with performing systems configurations, troubleshooting systems errors/problems, monitoring and/or testing systems performance, and contribute to the design of technical solutions for customer environments.
- Works under supervision of technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Acts professionally with the company customers.
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers.
- Understands the company's strategy.
- Is aware of knowledge tools and their application.
- Participates in chosen technical community or profession, and regularly attends profession or community of interest events.
Education and Experience Required:
- Enrolled in an accredited college under a BS program in Engineering major
Knowledge and Skills:
- Has sufficient technical knowledge to assist with the completion of specific deliverables.
- Able to communicate concepts with team and to peers.
- Able to produce basic documentation to required standards.
- Demonstrates understanding of assigned discipline or technical area.
- Demonstrate fundamental technical knowledge.
Positions available in:
Oak Ridge, TN
Argonne national, Chicago IL