Transportation Surveyor (Caltrans) (JC-355867)
Transportation Surveyor (Caltrans)
About the Position:
Under the direction of a Transportation Surveyor Party Chief CT (Caltrans), the incumbent preforms a wide variety of professional land surveying work in a field setting. As incumbent progress in experience, the work assigned will be more difficult and the incumbent may function as a lead person over the activities of various surveying and technical personnel in the field. Incumbent at the journey level and with a license will work in a responsible charge capacity.
What You'll Do:
- Operates a Total Station Survey System, GPS Survey System, Digital Level and the associated software in the acquisition of survey data.
- Processes and analyzes survey data to assure accuracy and completeness, and creates the deliverables for office processing and using a variety of surveying software.
- Maintains all precision survey instruments used by the field crew.
- Evaluate the most appropriate terrain and topographic points to be surveyed on design data surveys.
- Prepare the data collector for different operations and correctly enters data coding in accordance to Caltrans and Regional practices and procedures.
- Reads and interprets construction plans highway projects.
- Perform calculations incidental to the construction staking process.
- Sets construction stakes using a variety of surveying techniques.
- Verifies the accuracy of construction stakes set to insure stakes properly reflect the construction plans.
*See more details on the Duty Statement located on the job posting.
Job Control: JC- 355867
Classification: Transportation Surveyor (Caltrans)
Monthly Salary: $5,851.00 - $11,230.00
Apply by: Until Filled
All applications must be submitted through the link below:
For questions please contact: