Long Term Substitute - Lewiston, Maine
Here at LearnWell, we've dedicated ourselves to making a life-changing impact on the 10 million students currently in the U.S. who live with some type of behavioral health need (depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, eating disorder, substance use). For nearly 25 years, we have provided on-site instructional services within the hospital setting, helping students to continue their academic progress during treatment and successfully reenter the classroom. LearnWell has a network of 180+ dedicated educators that commit themselves daily to embracing our mission and positively impacting generations to come.
LearnWell is currently looking for a long-term substitute teacher to teach in Lewiston , ME. within our unique behavioral health teaching environments. Both daily and long term substitute positions available.
In this position, you will be working with small groups of students in therapeutic environments to help them stay on track with their academics while they are unable to attend their traditional schools. The teaching environments consist of students in a small group setting. Average class size of 8-10. This position follows the traditional school year calendar and provides plenty of opportunities to grow into a full-time teacher within our team!
Committed to a 20-hour work week Monday-Friday, 4 hours a day. Class schedule times are 10am-11am and arrival time is 8:30am-12:30pm.
Tremendous opportunity for growth and advancement, if desired.
- B.A/B.S degree from an accredited institution required.
- Teaching Certification preferred but not required or open to obtain Maine Emergency Certification
- Have a passion for working with students K-12
- Need to oversee students completing their schoolwork, help when needed, facilitate lesson left for students who do not have work, and complete a session report for the students at the end of the class.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.