Trinity Repertory Company’s apprenticeship program offers intensive professional training at a Tony Award-winning regional theater. Apprentices are an integral part of our theater company and serve alongside our staff in artistic, administrative, and production-based departments. The apprentice program is looking for artists and professionals ages 21 and up who are hoping to launch careers in theater. Apprentices will learn on the job for approximately 35 weeks.
To be considered for an apprenticeship, you must complete the online application in Paylocity. You will be prompted to upload the following documents:
- Professional Resume
- Cover Letter
Applications without these attachments will not be considered. Depending on the department, references, portfolios, or writing samples may be requested.
Details and Benefits:
- Housing accommodations
- Furnished housing with utilities provided (heat, electricity, water & Wi-Fi)
- Parking (at the house and theater)
- After deducting housing and taxes, at least $250/week* in pay
*Exact amount depends on W4 Tax Withholding Form
- Complimentary tickets to all productions
- Invitation to opening night performances and reception
- Monthly professional development and seminar series
- Eligible for Trinity Rep health insurance – employee contribution is $15/week
- Staff discount on Trinity Rep concessions and merchandise
- Opportunity to take free acting classes
- Strong community of staff and former interns/apprentices
Apprentices will not be able to work in other positions at the theater during their contracted 35 weeks, but overtime may be required on occasion and will be compensated at time + a half. Depending on their schedule, apprentices may be able to take additional work outside the theater as long as it does not interfere with their hours at Trinity Rep.
The Marketing Apprentice joins a creative and collaborative, multimedia team. If you’re interested in learning how marketing content and campaigns are conceptualized, developed, and launched for a LORT theater (League of Resident Theaters), you might be a great fit for this group. We’re looking for someone who can not only take direction and work well with others but can ideate and break out on their own.
Please review the qualifications. But keep in mind that it’s impossible to distill all the qualities of a great candidate into bullet points. Reach out with questions and apply with confidence!
Duties may include
- General and administrative support for the marketing team
- Social media management: posting, engagement and online analytics review
- Marketing research: market research, trends research, strategy development
- Graphics design: development and execution of graphic design and illustration; layout of fliers, brochures, advertising, and other digital and paper promotional materials
- Writing: show descriptions, press releases, social media content, blog posts, show program articles
- Film / video: plan, film, produce, and edit promotional videos. Prior video experience not required
- Website maintenance: review and update Trinity Rep website content, using Word Press content management system
- Event support: support special events for the Trinity Rep season, including opening night (7 per season)
- Other: marketing email campaigns (creation and distribution), using Emma email program. Assistance with historical archive projects
- Manage, with increasing independence, marketing tasks for Brown/Trinity Rep MFA program productions