Digital Marketing Internship
About the Position:
The Digital Marketing Intern position is a unique internship opportunity to get involved in the startup ecosystem and interact with some of the most active investors, entrepreneurs, accelerators, and community organizations in Boston and beyond. You will be supporting the Fellowship Associate in creating and implementing The Capital Network’s marketing strategy with regards to our social media presence, newsletters, and website.
This is a part-time position with a time commitment of ~15-20 hours/week for at least 4 months (6 months is strongly preferred), starting as soon as you can. Please note that this is an unpaid position, and we’re happy to work with your university to help you get academic credit for the work you do with us. Many universities have stipend/payment programs for students with unpaid internships at non-profits – make sure to check with your university to see if this is an option for you!
TCN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Assisting with creation & execution of our marketing strategy.
- Managing our social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook), including creating content, creating promotional images, maintaining and curating relevant resources and events to share, etc.
- Curating and creating the content in our weekly newsletter.
- Performing periodic analyses of our social media, newsletter, & website data regarding engagement and other relevant concerns.
- Communicating with various members of our community to retrieve quotes, images, or other information as needed.
- Updating our website as needed.
- Promoting our events on community calendars and other external marketing channels.
- Past marketing internship or employment and/or marketing course(s) and/or other relevant marketing experience strongly suggested.
- Some experience planning events and/or building communities is a plus but not required.
- Social media management, Squarespace skills are a plus but not required.
Hi there! See yourself in some of these qualifiers but not all of them? That’s ok – apply anyway and we can chat about it!
How to Apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a one-page cover letter telling us about yourself by answering the following questions:
- Why Us & Why Startups: Tell us why you want to work with startups, and why at The Capital Network in particular.
- Why You: Tell us what YOU would bring to this role.
- Our Communications & Marketing: Take a look at our website OR social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook posts). What would you do to improve how we communicate?
Please be sure that your cover letter is no longer than 1 single page. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to receiving your application!