Digital PR Intern (Summer 2023)
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Are you creative and daring? Do you have digital savvy? Do you love to collaborate and bring big ideas to life? Are you ready to launch your career with Weber Shandwick? We’re looking for you, the newest member of our DC Summer Internship Program!
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s Interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program, you’ll work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you likely encounter every single day.
More about the position:
What you’ll do all day:
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials and compelling social content
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
What we’re looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with platforms like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Adobe Creative Suite, Sysomos, Radian6 a plus
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: all new hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your time with us amazing
- Built-In Mentorship: access to former interns through panels and learning sessions who can give insight into what their experience was like, and advice on making the most of your summer
- In-person trainings and coaching: you’ll be invited to workshops and ongoing trainings in-person to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week
- Student, recent grad, or related experience: Rising senior (4-year program), recent graduate, or demonstrated transferrable skills
- Availability: 40 hours a week from June to August
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.