Cryptography and Product Security Senior Research Engineer (Entry Level)
About our group:
Seagate Research Group’s Data Trust team is engaged in research and development that put security and privacy at the core of Seagate’s advanced digital storage solutions. Our innovation helps safeguard and maximize the potential of digital content in an ever-evolving world.
About the role - you will:
If you’re looking for an opportunity that allows you to bring your deep knowledge and hands-on experience in Cryptography and Security Protocols, and where you will have the opportunity to set the direction on all things Cryptography, then this is the career for you. Seagate Technology is seeking a passionate and talented researcher to provide vision and leadership for the company’s Cryptography efforts in security and privacy. In this role, aligning with fellow thinkers and innovators, you have an opportunity to realize new innovations into our next generation products and services.
As a Senior Research Engineer, you may participate in:
- Fundamental research, publishing papers, present in industrial and academic conferences, and file patents
- Collaboration with industry security and data flow experts within and outside of the company
- Identifying new trends in cryptography and emerging algorithms
- Designing software and hardware-based security features
- Developing prototypes and demonstration solutions
- Providing guidance to Seagate product development teams on future products and services
- PhD, or equivalent education and experience, in the field of Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge of cryptography, privacy-enhancing technologies and cryptography standards
- Research/publication record in homomorphic encryption, zero-knowledge proofs, multi-party computation, verifiable computing, trusted execution environments, differential privacy, private set intersection, and/or federated learning
- Programming skills in C/C++, Python, or Rust
- Working knowledge in Security Protocols and Hardware Security
Your experience includes:
- Experience with ASIC architecture and/or hardware math acceleration
- Experience with threat analysis and modeling
- Experience with Cloud Security and/or end-point security.
- Experience in storage and/or storage security industries