Case Manager - Recovery Services- Male Only
*Starting rate 18/hour*
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
The Case Manager will provide screening, assessment, and comprehensive case management services to individuals referred to substance abuse residential services.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Minimum Education Required
High School Diploma/GED
- Oversee case management services which may include drug testing coordination, treatment adherence monitoring, referrals to other services and levels of care (including detox, inpatient and residential care), health insurance application assistance, transportation, and communication with probation and the courts.
- Manage risk for all assigned clients as clinically indicated in collaboration with treatment team recommendations.
- Participation in Individual Service Plan (ISP) development and coordination with all providers.
- Provide discharge-planning coordination.
- Attend and actively participate in all required meetings including Site Coordinating Committee meetings and Technical Assistance meetings.
- Attend and actively participate in all trainings and activities as required, to include BSAS and treatment trainings.
- Demonstrate a proactive commitment to maintaining effective communication with staff and those seeking services to facilitate and promote effective working relationships and superior customer service.
- Provide linkages to on-going substance abuse, mental health & medical treatment as indicated.
- Involve collaterals in treatment to include, referral sources and family members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health care related field, or a minimum of 1 year of experience working in Substance Abuse.
- Proven ability to multitask and meet established deadlines.
- Outstanding customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to facilitate beneficial working relationships with internal and external sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- High energy level, ability to function in a team atmosphere as well as independently
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.)