Bilingual Behavioral Health Therapist
About the organization: Compass Family Services is a 100+ year old nonprofit working on the front lines of San Francisco’s homeless crisis. We provide families experiencing or at risk of homelessness with comprehensive support to address immediate needs and ensure long-term success.
About the Team: Compass Behavioral Health Services (CBHS) provides trauma-informed therapy to Compass families. Our approach involves training and education, supervision and support, attention to self-care for both the individual and the organization, a focus on creating a welcoming and safe environment, and development of policies and procedures that reflect our understanding of how trauma impacts families.
Compensation: $35-$40 per hour depending on languages spoken, years of experience, and licensing status ($70-78k per year)
Schedule: Full time, Monday - Friday, primarily during standard business hours
Organizational Core Competencies: Accountable / Adaptable / Client-centered / Collaborative / Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging / Resourceful
The Behavioral Health Therapist will provide individual, parent/child and family therapy to families experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Therapy is provided remotely via Telehealth (video and telephone), in-person at our Compass office in San Francisco, and in the community at our partner housing sites (shelters, transitional housing, and permanent supportive housing).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide weekly individual, parent/child or family therapy to a caseload of approximately 20 individuals or families.
- Provide individual play therapy and therapeutic shadowing to children who have been exposed to trauma.
- Provide crisis intervention and drop-in counseling.
- Lead support and educational groups.
- Provide behavioral health consultation to caregivers, case management, and teaching staff.
- Work closely with all staff in providing and/or referring clients for additional supportive services.
- Participate in clinical case consultation, staff meetings and supervision.
- Maintain client records and data collection.
- Graduate of clinical Master’s Program in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related field required.
- Licensed or working towards licensure in California.
- Fluent Spanish required.
- Experience with trauma-informed services, relational or parent and child psychotherapy, and crisis intervention.
- Experience working with homeless or disenfranchised communities.
- Experience working with individuals, families, children, and groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations in San Francisco (note: a personal vehicle is not required).
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this role is $35-40 per hour. Compass Family Services offers a competitive benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, long term disability insurance, life insurance, free financial counseling, and employer contributions to a retirement account. Compass employees receive approximately 4-5 weeks of paid vacation, as well as generous paid sick and holiday leave and paid time off for education.
Location & Covid Considerations:
Compass’ behavioral health team is based at 37 Grove St. in San Francisco, less than a block from the Civic Center BART station. The therapist will work a hybrid schedule, with each week including a mix of days in the office, at our partner sites, and from home/remote. Compass requires full Covid vaccination for all employees, including booster when eligible.
To Apply: Please apply through our online application.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.