Bilingual Case Manager, Compass SF HOME (multiple openings)
About the organization: Compass Family Services is a 100+ year old nonprofit working on the front lines of San Francisco’s homeless crisis. We provide families experiencing or at risk of homelessness with comprehensive support to address immediate needs and ensure long-term success.
About the team: The SF HOME team empowers homeless San Francisco families to find safe, stable, affordable housing. Families receive help with housing search, money for move-in costs and rent, and case management designed to set families up for long term housing stability.
Compensation: $24 - 29 hourly + full benefits
Schedule: Full time (37.5 hours/week), Monday - Friday, primarily during standard business hours
Location: 37 Grove Street, San Francisco and in the community. This role is fully in-person (NOT hybrid or remote).
Organizational Core Competencies: Accountable I Adaptable I Client-centered I Collaborative I Committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging I Resourceful
What the Case Manager will do:
The Case Manager provides supportive services to families who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness, with particular emphasis on housing and long-term financial stability. This includes helping families find a place to live, supporting families in reaching their financial and educational goals, connecting families with services and resources, assisting with applications to permanent affordable housing, and stepping in to support families during crises.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with families to develop an individual action plan that will enable them to move towards long term stability.
- Assess client needs and budget and develop an individualized housing search plan with each family.
- Creatively and proactively identify and connect with landlords who are open to accepting rental subsidies.
- Assist clients in completing housing applications, visiting units, communicating with landlords, and securing move-in funds.
- Provide ongoing support to clients through office, phone, and community meetings, as well as periodic home visits.
- Provide crisis intervention, community and support services, information and referral, family budget assistance, parenting support, job enhancement and support, housing assistance and support, and advocacy.
- Maintain up-to-date and thorough client files.
The Case Manager should have these skills:
- Fluent Spanish required.
- CA Driver’s License and ability to be approved as a Zipcar driver required. (Personal vehicle NOT needed).
- Experience working with people in crisis.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues facing homeless and low-income families.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including relationship-building, networking, and ability to develop trusting relationships with a diverse set of individuals.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.). Salesforce experience a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range: $24 - $29 per hour based on experience, languages spoken and education.
- Paid time off: just under 4 weeks of vacation your first year, just under 5 in your second. Also paid holidays, sick time, family leave.
- Insurance: health, dental and vision insurance are fully covered by Compass for employees and dependent children. We also provide long term disability and life insurance.
- Retirement: after one year of work, Compass contributes an amount equal to 5% of your salary into a retirement account; this vests during years 2-5.
- Covid vaccination required for all staff, including booster
- Covid precautions in the workplace: required masking, air filtration, sanitizing
Please apply through our online application.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.