Research Analyst, Insights, Paramount Advertising
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
The Audience Impact & Intelligence team are a specialized group of strategists and researchers who power advertising sales with audience-forward, culturally fluent insights for the ever-changing media ecosystem. We inspire our sales teams with deep audience understanding, strategic insights and data clout for their clients. Our group is charged with making the consumer connection with Paramount’s many varied audiences across all platforms by providing expertise in generational and life stage segments. We specialize in studies, surveys, data sets and metrics that help internal and external clients further their knowledge of targets, engagement, consumerism, ad efficiency and culture.
On this team, we value diversity of thought, and we believe your hobbies and unique viewpoints are just as important as your previous work experience! We view the world not only from our desks, but also via immersive experiences that inspire us, keep us at the forefront of the ever-changing cultural landscape, and, with any luck, make us better researchers and strategists.
Overview and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Insights, this Research Analyst will primarily support the Sales and Integrated Marketing teams with data and insights that tell the story of how Paramount’s network and brands work to hit advertiser targets and make an impact on consumer decisions. We are looking for a team-oriented, skilled researcher and data storyteller who thrives in a fast-paced environment. Sound like you? Good. Let’s read on.
• Support Sales and Integrated Marketing with the development of strong positioning stories to highlight the value of the Paramount audience
• Help craft engaging, client-ready, research-based sales materials and RFP responses that tell a positive story of our network and audiences
• Understand the linear, digital, and cross-platform ad space, developing a deep understanding of media measurement and its implications for Paramount Ad Sales
• Present research findings to sales teams as needed
• Build relationships with peers to share information and improve processes
• Handle regular weekly and quarterly channel performance reports and competitive analyses
• Utilize creative data visualization techniques to showcase research stories in a fresh and thought-provoking way for key internal clients
• Keep on top of industry trends and key consumer insights
• Support Director/Managers on additional projects as necessary
• Minimum 1+ years of research work experience
• BA or BS (concentration in social science or data/analytics) a plus
• Solid understanding and knowledge of software applications used to extract data from syndicated sources (Like Nielsen, MRI-Simmons, Kantar, and comScore)
• Strong analytical abilities and data storytelling including use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and ability to multitask
• Interest in media and entertainment
Hiring Salary Range: $48,800.00 - 65,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.