Coordinator Rescue & Placement
Coordinator, Rescue and Placement
Remote in United States
Summary: The Rescue and Placement Coordinator assists with the Rescue & Placement team’s response to animal-related requests, connects animal guardians with appropriate resources, and supports relationships and collaborations within Farm Sanctuary’s Farm Animal Adoption Network (FAAN). The Rescue and Placement Coordinator helps advance the team’s commitments to connecting animals in need with their best possible life, working to end the cycle of exploitation, practicing compassionate conversation, promoting organizational sustainability, and fostering equity and social justice.
- Respond to animal placement requests as assigned, offering placement/networking options for animals we cannot take, flagging situations where our direct assistance may be possible, and gently educating and encouraging behavioral change, when appropriate, with guardians who purchase or breed animals.
- Support database entry for rescue tracking, placement requests, care questions, intake inquiries, FAAN, and monthly/annual report data.
- Assist with FAAN application process, sending approval and denial confirmations, and checking/documenting references as assigned by Manager.
- Conduct placement outreach to FAAN adopters and sanctuaries to help identify potential homes, as assigned. Support team role as relationship managers by maintaining professional dialog with partners and documenting communications in databases.
- Respond to general shelter, adoption, and animal care questions as assigned; consult with Wellness and Sanctuary Environment teams regarding in-depth questions.
- Support FAAN Facebook group by posting animals in need, documenting guardian photo permissions, and providing general FAAN information to commenters.
- Assist in the development and annual review of Rescue & Placement team protocols and processes and participate in Development, Communications, and other collaborative conversations.
- Prior knowledge of the farmed animal sanctuary community and farmed animal placement is preferred; understanding of and commitment to farmed animal issues is required.
- Proactively center racial equity in all work, contributes to an anti-racist culture, and exhibits humility in leading by example
- Familiarity, commitment to, and experience with the practice of equity and social justice, and the principles embedded in Farm Sanctuary’s mission
- Alignment with Farm Sanctuary’s values of compassion, understanding, integrity, transformation, and freedom.
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s animal care policies, programs and goals
- Good organizational skills, verbal and written communications skills, and attention to detail; ability to work independently and multitask
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen and interact constructively and professionally with those seeking Farm Sanctuary’s assistance
- Ability to display sensitivity, tact, and responsiveness with constituents, team, and management; willingness to work with other Farm Sanctuary teams and departments as needed
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- General knowledge of social media and other online social networking preferred
- Proficient emotional self-regulation in recognition of the position’s unique challenges
- Familiarity with and the ability to work with or learn Google Workspace
We embrace candidates from a range of backgrounds and experiences, regardless of whether they satisfy all the specified requirements. We encourage you to apply, even if you have an unconventional or non-traditional background.
- Terms of employment: Regular, non-exempt, full-time
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Rescue and Placement
- Direct reports: None
- Location: Remote in United States
- Pay: $20-22 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Travel: When regionally appropriate, this position may require in-person site visits to prospective homes or sanctuary partners, as part of a larger team visit.
- Benefits: Competitive benefits package, including 14 paid holidays; generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; long-term disability insurance; free access to the CALM meditation app; and access to the Nivati wellness platform
- Additional Specifications: After the initial training period, working one weekend day may be required in order to field requests received over the weekend
- Stage 1: 30-minute phone interview with our Talent Acquisition Manager
- Stage 2: 1-hour virtual interview with our Senior Manager of Rescue & Placement
- Stage 3: Reference checks
- Stage 4: Job offer
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Any photos or videos taken in the scope of employment and/or related to Farm Sanctuary are considered work product and intellectual property of Farm Sanctuary.