Manage execution of architectural and mechanical aspects of medium/small capital projects. Responsible for safety and/or environmental compliance. Uses expertise gained through wide exposure in previous assignments and experience by focusing on areas for construction management, planning, scheduling, organizing and administrative skills. Executes assignments of medium complexity, developing solutions for defined problems.
- Demonstrated skills in managing projects to bring in on budget, on schedule, and technically correct.
- Manage the construction of hospital projects for the USA and Canadian markets.
- Oversee and supervise architectural and mechanical aspects of the projects.
- Displays flexibility with assignments in different units.
- Maintain and monitor budget and expenses of assigned projects.
- Communicate effectively with the other disciplines in delivering projects.
- Represent Grifols during project execution meetings
- Participates with Hospital Division Sales Representative during pre-sale meetings
- Demonstrates high level of facilitation skills to reach consensus; works toward win-win solutions for business benefit.
- Makes decisions within defined areas of responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Provide guidance to the CAD designers for the various architectural designs.
- Review and recommend contracts as well as developing cost estimates.
- Supervises quality control and oversees the fulfillment of applicable building codes, FDA regulations, etc.
- Interface directly with customers and suppliers in the resolution of specific application problems.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
- Demonstrates high levels of value and integrity. Instills company visions, values and beliefs in others by example.
- Actively pursues and manages process optimization, project management.
- Excellent interpersonal, technical writing and communication skills.
- Strong technical and problem solving skills in a construction environment.
- Knowledge of engineering programs, systems and procedures.
- AutoCAD knowledge preferred
- Revit knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of cGMP, Process Flows, P&ID, Design Software, & Schematics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate practical applications and flexibility in adapting programs and services to meet specific requirements.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multitask.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management is required. Emphasis on architectural, structural and mechanical design is preferred.
Professional registration and/or certifications as appropriate.
Minimum 5 years comprehensive experience in a medium sized organization.
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate’s degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 2 years of experience.
Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Occupational Demands Form:
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of one hand with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to site locations and travels within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Plans work assignments to meet objectives.
This position is eligible to participate in up to 5% of the company bonus pool. We offer benefits including medical, PTO, up to 5% 401K match, and tuition reimbursement. We are committed to offering our employees opportunities for professional growth and career progression. Even though we are a global healthcare company with employees in 30 countries, Grifols prides itself on its family-like culture. Our company has more than tripled its workforce in the last 10 years — we’re growing, and you can grow with us!
For CA based employees:
Pay scale of $73,202.10 - $91,502.63 annually in California depending on training, education and experience.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws.