Director of Institutional Advancement
Title: Director of Institutional Advancement
Reports to: VP of Communications
Location: North Kingstown, RI and remote work (hybrid schedule available)
The Haitian Project through its support of Louverture Cleary Schools, a national network of tuition-free, Catholic, coeducational secondary boarding schools in Haiti, provides for the education of academically talented and motivated students from Haitian families who cannot afford the cost of their children’s education in order to maximize their potential and enable them to work toward building a Haiti where justice and peace thrive.
The Director of Institutional Advancement reports directly to the Project’s Vice President of Communications and is responsible for generating the support necessary for The Haitian Project to achieve its mission. Specifically, the Director builds fruitful relationships with supporters and collaborates with colleagues to plan and execute initiatives that enable the Project to meet its annual fund and capital campaign fundraising goals each year.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Manage existing funding relationships with individuals, parishes, schools and organizations; develop and drive strategies that lead to new support from those categories
2) Commit a significant amount of time to communicating personally with current and prospective supporters to build relationships and identify new avenues of support
3) Oversee grant applications and other funding proposals
4) Develop and execute capital campaign strategies
5) Provide development expertise and support to the Development Committee and the Board
6) Be the primary presenter at community events and donor meetings
7) Oversee the development of presentations and promotional materials as needed
8) Manage strategic partnerships related to resource development
9) Manage special projects and meetings identified as high-level priorities by the Office of the President
10) Manage the Office of Institutional Advancement, including at least one advancement associate, and work with other team members to achieve Advancement goals
11) Recruit and manage U.S. office volunteers
1) Bachelor’s degree
2) At least two years of development experience
3) Commitment to the Project’s mission and Charism
4) Knowledge of the Catholic Church and Catholic Social Teaching
5) Strong interpersonal skills; desire to actively and regularly communicate with people
6) Strong writing skills
7) Public speaking skills
8) Initiative; ability to schedule and monitor tasks
9) Ability to research, monitor information, report
10) Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills
11) Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (namely Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
12) Ability to travel extensively, domestically and internationally
The Director of Advancement is a full-time position that is part of the Administrative Team of the Project. Starting salary is between $60,000 and $65,000 depending on experience.