2023 Summer Intern, Global Portfolio Solutions
Our Summer Analyst Program is an eight-week internship in our Global Private Equity Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) department. Carlyle’s GPS team offers Summer Analysts the chance to be engaged with our team of operating professionals, who work to drive value creation and performance improvement at each of our 200+ portfolio companies.
Through the 8-week internship, you will be exposed to how Carlyle approaches value creation across the investment lifecycle and methods.
The primary responsibility of the Summer Analyst will be to collaborate with the central GPS team and drive key workstreams aimed at improving how GPS markets its value creation opportunities to Portfolio Companies and Deal Teams.
Summer Analysts will also support in other various tasks related to portfolio value creation, including: Developing GPS POVs for specific value creation themes, assessing the portfolio to identify value creation opportunities, supporting the development of the GPS Portal, and developing strategies to improve GPS operations. Specific sample projects and responsibilities include:
- GPS team support projects
- Assess existing GPS materials and identifying areas for improvement
- Develop materials to support marketing of GPS capabilities to Portfolio Companies and Deal Teams
- Develop case studies to showcase the impact of our value creation work
- Develop a marketing strategy for the GPS portal (set up to provide portfolio companies with access to off-the-shelf reference materials for value creation topics)
- Support the development and launch of the GPS portal
- Portfolio value creation projects
- Support specific value creation at portfolio companies, including: data analysis, presentation development
- Global Private Equity support projects
- Support senior executive in evaluating GPS support across portfolio companies
- Support deal activity by synthesizing GPS perspectives on value creation
- Competitor research
Education & Certificates
- To be eligible for the Carlyle Semester Internship Program, students must be enrolled in a 4-year undergraduate university with the intended graduation date of Fall 2023 – Spring 2025
- Prior internship(s) in financial services or consulting preferred.
Competencies & Attributes
- Highly ethical
- Strong sense of accountability, responsiveness, and follow-through
- Team oriented, with consistent drive to maximize value-add
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Consistent attention to details
- Ability to handle projects with minimal training or oversight
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly adaptable, with flexibility on depth and breadth of role and responsibilities
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $376 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 520 investment vehicles as of June 30, 2022. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with nearly 1,900 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.