Research Assistant - Neurology
Dr. Hooman Kamel is the Vice Chair of Research and Chief of Neurocritical Care at Weill Cornell Medicine. He is looking for a research assistant. This is an excellent opportunity for a pre-med, 2023 graduate who would like to gain clinical research experience before attending medical school.
- Coordinates the recruitment and enrollment of study participants. Assesses patient eligibility for inclusion in Neurological clinical trials. Obtains informed consent under supervision. Ensures proper consent protocols have been followed for study participation. Contacts patients for study-related assessments.
- Conducts literature reviews and gains expert familiarity with protocols that will be used as templates. Handles manuscript submissions, including formatting papers and completing the online journal submission process.
- Assists in creation of study databases. Manages and enters collected data into study databases. Assists projects by abstracting research data from medical records, databases, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of materials, submissions, and renewals to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and other regulatory bodies including national study coordinating/data management centers.
- Assists faculty in the preparation of grant submissions and associated documentation, which may include budgets, collection of required documents from other sites, just-in-time documents, progress reports, routing forms, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of clinical care and research.
- Two-year commitment
- Plans to attend medical school