IT Specialist (Application Software) - Robotics Process Automation (RPA) GS-12/13
Apply online through 3/23/2023 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/711843100
This opportunity is open to US Citizens and Nationals.
This is not a remote work opportunity. Position may be located at Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH, Indianapolis, IN, Limestone, ME, or Rome, NY.
Provide effective technical support of major finance and/or accounting automated information systems and software development and maintenance within DFAS relating to Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
Serve as a business analyst partnering with functional and technical customers across DFAS in requirements gathering, problem solving and technical / operational cross communication.
Communicate effectively and facilitate meetings with all levels of staff, management, senior leaders, project managers, systems managers and software developers.
Performs studies to monitor and improve or enhance a major finance and/or accounting automated information systems and software.
Briefs management on strategies to be used to exploit and implement new developments and advanced techniques in the area of software design and maintenance.
Ensures provision of adequate technical support of the major finance and/or accounting automated information systems and software. Ensures proper oversight of configuration management control procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe the full scope of your work experiences in your resume.
Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process.
- Attention to Detail- experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards
- Customer Service- experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs
- Oral Communication- briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem Solving- identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions
In addition to the Basic Competency Requirements listed above: One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade n the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
For Entry at the GS-12 Level:
One year of experience equivalent to a GS-11 is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: Monitor the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain; evaluate and customize software by change and modification of existing software and systems using advanced programming techniques and computer languages; experience; experience working on a team for information systems projects.
For Entry at the GS-13 Level:
One year of experience equivalent to a GS-12 is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: Expert experience in all functions of the software development life cycle, including analysis, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain; evaluate and customize software by change and modification of existing software and systems using advanced programming techniques and computer languages; provide technical guidance on the capabilities of software, systems and applications; experience managing information systems projects.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience at either grade level.
For more information or to apply visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/711843100