Credit Agricole CIB: US Analyst - US Corporate Coverage
About Credit Agricole
Credit Agricole CIB, the Corporate & Investment Banking Arm of the Credit Agricole group, specialises in the businesses of capital markets and investment and corporate banking.
Credit Agricole CIB in 1 Click
Credit Agricole CIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Credit Agricole Group, the 10th largest banking group worldwide in terms of balance sheet size (The Banker, 2022). The Bank offers its clients a broad range of products and services in capital markets, investment banking, structured finance and corporate banking.
The CIB Arm of the Group
As the No. 1 retail bank in France, Credit Agricole is the leading financial partner of the French economy and one of the largest retail banks in Europe. Its ambition: to create a world-class European leader in banking and insurance, in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Global Compact.
This US Associate position provides support to the junior and senior bankers in the group. This position will offer exposure to a high-profile department within Credit Agricole CIB.
The U.S. Associate program offers an opportunity for recent college graduates interested in finance and investment banking to actively participate in this fast-paced and challenging industry. We provide our U.S. Associates with the tools necessary for professional growth and career advancement.
The U.S. Associate position will be available for a maximum of 2 years. The goal of the U.S. Associate program is to develop the ideal candidate into a full-time position at the end of the two years.
- Provide Origination/Client Coverage support to Senior and Junior Bankers.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Credit Agricole Group’s product offering and network as well as an understanding of how the Bank’s products and network apply to the Team’s clients and prospects.
- Prepare pitch books for client and internal presentations.
- Prepare briefing memos for client visits and for internal presentations/committees.
- Prepare financial models and pro forma capital structures for idea generation and client visits.
- Learn the fundamentals of financial and strategic analysis.
- Maintain global control over revenue budgets for each primary coverage client and support Senior Bankers in managing revenue budgets for all other Team clients.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of clients’ and prospects’ strategies and business models.
- Manage credit request and approval process for new transactions, amendments and annual reviews.
- Liaise with product groups and international counterparts to ensure approvals are received in a timely manner.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all Know Your Customer requirements, internal monitoring requirements, portfolio reviews, etc.
- Analyze risk/return metrics on all stand-alone transactions and client relationships.
- Cultivate and upgrade prospect list for future client development.
- BA/BS degree, including accounting / finance / economics coursework
- Resourceful, takes initiative, is detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills including use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Developed oral and written presentation skills
- Basic grasp of risk/return analysis concepts and tools
- An understanding of banking/corporate finance
- Familiarity with banking and capital markets
- Financial modeling skills
How to Apply
You can apply directly on Handshake with your resume.