Discretionary Grant Project Manager
The Maryland Division seeks an outstanding professional to serve as Transportation Specialist GS-2101-11/12. This position is intended to provide project delivery assistance on discretionary grants (including direct recipients). The selectee for this position will work in cooperation with the Division’s environmental, right-of-way, financial, and other Division staff, as applicable, to provide technical assistance throughout each phase of project delivery associated with the execution of the discretionary grants received by direct recipients.
As a Discretionary Grant Project Manager, you will:
- Provide expertise and assist in policy formulation, problem solving, development, promotion, and demonstration of state-of-the-art practices on a wide range of Transportation programs.
- Conduct and participate in complex program reviews to evaluate and determine the extent of efficiency, effectiveness, and economy with which Transportation programs and administrative operations are carried out in conjunction with the agency’s mission and policies.
- Develop plans, goals, and oversees the implementation of systems and procedural changes.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Congressional, Headquarters, and other miscellaneous requests for information. Coordinate with appropriate staff to draft responses, reviews, finalizes and distributes correspondence.
- Develop a wide range of methodologies to collect multitude of complex data/information. Track process improvements through critical metrics and adjusts processes as necessary to gain additional process improvements.
- Provide expertise, training, and presentations to stakeholders in developing plans, goals, objectives for implementing deliverables for assigned Transportation programs.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced transportation professional with the skills and abilities to effectively represent the agency to Federal, State, local officials, and other key transportation stakeholders. This candidate must possess excellent communication, negotiation, and partnering skills and a desire to work in a challenging, complex, and innovative environment.