Research Associate (April 2023 Start)
Start Date of April 10, 2023
Why Join Us?
A career in our Research practice will provide you the opportunity to help institutional investors and management consultants discover new insights and make cutting edge business decisions by connecting them with industry subject matter experts for 1-1 discussions. As part of our team, you will develop a deep understanding of a client's underlying research interest and build a knowledge base of multiple industries.
No two days are the same at Capvision. At one moment you will be assisting a hedge fund's research into the European airlines market by recruiting an industry expert in the space. At the next you will be working alongside a global management consulting firm and speaking to a former c-suite executive from a Fortune 10 company who can provide insights into the United States eCommerce and Grocery Delivery space.
Does this sound interesting to you?
Research Associate - Job Responsibilities
- Research Associates are key decision-makers in expert selection, driving success through understanding client pain points, conducting cursory industry research, formulating and executing on sourcing strategies, and delivery of qualified experts, advisors, and consultants to influence client research
- Your experience will be diverse. Each project will offer a new opportunity to make a connection and understand market trends and sectors you never knew existed
- Responsible for the success/management of entire scopes of a project, including but not limited to, industry research, identifying the right expert, searching through our network and direct communication with high-stakes clients
- You will lead the charge in developing screening criteria and questions, as well as sourcing strategies to deliver qualified consultants, experts, and advisors to clients, based on client briefs and instructions
- Capvision Associates exercise discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance and have direct impact on business operations of Capvision, Capvision Experts, and Capvision Clients
- Associates will work directly with Capvision Experts and have autonomy to negotiate and settle expert consultation rates
- All team members are contributing members from the start. Research Associates will work as a team to directly assist well-known clients to build trust and deliver a high-quality product by reaching out and recruiting industry executives.
- Associates direct decision-making for arranging and facilitating expert consultations and deliverables for Capvision clients through use of tools such as LinkedIn, email, phone for onboarding, screening, and scheduling
- Responsible for communication and end to end management of international, cross-office projects with Key Opinion Leaders, C-level executives, and subject matter experts
- Strong academic background gained in any undergraduate degree, GPA of 3.3 or higher
- 6 - 18 months of working experience
- Fluent in English. Fluency in additional languages is a strong plus
- Experience in leadership roles through internships, extracurriculars, societies, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to set own schedule without falling behind on tasks
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to multitask projects in a fast-paced & changing environment both independently & collaboratively
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment
- An energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who can learn quickly and actively seeks out new business opportunities
- Openness to being mentored and given constructive feedback
- Mature, professional, self-assured, presentable, humble, confident are just a few of the words to describe successful Research Associates
- Eligible to work in the US, including F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) status of 3 years.
Benefits + Compensation
- Competitive compensation and bonus program, commensurate with your experience level. First Year target compensation of $79,000, inclusive of a base salary of $64,000 and monthly, uncapped performance-based bonuses.
- Spot bonuses to recognize exceptional service
- Paid vacation, sick days, and company holidays
- Healthcare, vision, and dental plans
- 401k program with guaranteed company contribution
- Commuter benefits
- Very fast paced and motivated culture
- Casual work environment
- Free snacks and coffee/tea
Capvision is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We don't believe in "perfect" candidates. If you want to work hard at a fast growing company, then Capvision is a place where you can grow.