Environmental Research Intern Summer 2023
This is a remote position. Ideal candidates live in the Central Region (WI, IN, IA, NE, MO, AR, TX, TN, LA, GA, FL, AL, MS, NM, CO, KS, OK, NC, SC). Minimal travel may be required as a benefit of the program.
We’re looking for a talented teammate…
To join us for a summer Internship! This position supports our Central Region Operations team and will work closely with the regulatory policy, design, and business growth analyst to support the Region.
What we need help with…
- Conduct research on state and federal regulatory and/or policy changes impacting the energy and utilities industry
- Attend policy-related meetings as needed and report out on findings to the appropriate teams
- Source and analyze utility filings to provide detailed written briefs to the policy team
- Research and track state and federal funding sources related to energy efficiency, clean energy transition, electrification, EV, and utility-related workforce development
Exciting candidates have…
- Active enrollment and pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a graduation date no earlier than May/June 2023, Environmental Sciences field of study a plus
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer (Early June through early August)
- Adequate Wi-Fi
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- An affinity to participate in the transition to a sustainable, equitable, and carbon-neutral energy-efficient for our communities and planet
$20 - $22 / hour
Any offered rate is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.