Research Associate - I K3J- 732
• Perform material evaluation and process testing to support new material qualification.
• Support new material introduction business process flow for clinical programs.
• Understand and execute protocols related to media and buffer preparation, cell culture, cell banking and other activities as needed.
• Perform hands on lab work to execute studies across multiple unit operations
• Collaborate and develop a thorough understanding of operating parameters of unit operations for essential process characterization and improvement.
• Participate in decision-making processes within the project team by actively engaging in scientific and technical discussions.
• Analyze data to support project leads in preparation of presentation, data graphs and reports.
• Manage samples and inventory related to each experiment.
• Write and review technical and summary reports.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• MA/MS Degree Biochemical Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biotechnology and 0 years of experience OR
• BA/BS Degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biotechnology and two years of experience OR
• High School Degree and four years of experience in biotechnology and process development
• 1-3 years of cell culture or cell therapy manufacturing & process development experience.
• Cell culture experience at different scales using adherent and/ or suspension platforms including flasks and culture bags
• Practical demonstration of hands on process development including use of statistical design of experiment.
• Ability to work and collaborate in cross functional teams, research, development, manufacturing in a fast pace, dynamic team setting.
• Ability to think critically, analytically and have demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills based on deductive reasoning.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluent with Microsoft office application, statistical analysis tools (JMP/ Minitab) and data management tools.