Congressional Caseworker and District Aide
Caseworker & District Aide
SUMMARY: The Caseworker & District Aide acts as a liaison to federal, state, and local agencies for the Congressman and advocates for constituents as they navigate government. The casework team monitors and updates the Congressman on opportunities where federal laws might be changed to support the needs of constituents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
● Manages a caseload of about 90-100 (caseload may increase or decrease depending on casework trends) by serving as a liaison with federal, district, and local agencies/organizations;
● Maintains regular communication with all constituents within their caseload; logs all incoming and outgoing correspondence related to casework;
● Informs the Congressman and District Director of notable happenings in their assigned issue areas;
● Assesses casework for problems requiring legislative action and makes recommendations to the Constituent Services Director and District Director;
● Staffs district meetings with constituents on behalf of and with the Congressman;
● Screens and refers cases, when appropriate, to other federal and state legislative offices and community resources;
● Maintains caseworker manual to reflect current procedures for handling casework within her/his areas of responsibility;
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Experience in constituent support services or social work preferred;
● A bachelor’s degree is preferred;
● Proficiency in languages other than English is desired.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
● Commitment to serving everyday needs of constituents;
● Excellent oral and written communication skills;
● Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful and professional manner;
● Ability to efficiently manage time and balance many tasks and priorities;
● Embodies servant leadership style;
● Thrives in a fast-paced, high pressure environment;
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
BENEFITS: $50,000-$52,000. Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
TO APPLY: Please provide a resume and cover letter to MA06.email@example.com, with the subject line “Caseworker”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.