Operations Associate: Support AG’s Scheduling, Briefing & Advance Team
Operations Department – New York City
Reference No. EXEC_NYC_OA_6258
Application Deadline is April 28, 2023
The Office of the New York State Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a proactive and organized candidate to serve as an Operations Associate. The Operations Associate will work within the Executive Division’s Operations Department, which is responsible for scheduling, staffing, advancing, and preparing briefings for the Attorney General. The Operations Associate is a dynamic and multifaceted role that involves scheduling and briefing duties for the Attorney General, as well as supporting special projects. The Operations Associate will be based in New York City and reports to the Deputy Director of Strategic Planning.
Duties of the Operations Associate include, but are not limited to the following:
- Mapping out daily, weekly and monthly schedules for the Attorney General, including travel;
- Communicating with organizers about events and meetings the Attorney General will be attending;
- Ensuring appropriate staffing for each meeting and event;
- Communicating with the OAG’s press, intergovernmental and legal staff about the AG’s schedule;
- Preparing substantive briefings for the Attorney General for meetings and public events, including both external events and those sponsored by the OAG;
- Drafting memos for the Attorney General
- Conducting non-legal research and drafting memoranda on public policy topics as requested; and
- Assisting with special projects and other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications for the Operations Associate position are as follows:
- A minimum of three (3) years of full-time, relevant work experience;
- Prior, work experience for a candidate or an elected official is preferred;
- Familiarity with the governmental institutions in New York City and New York State;
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce clear, concise and error-free documents quickly;
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to proactively manage and effectively prioritize tight deadlines;
- Productive and effective in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, must be able to manage multiple moving parts simultaneously; and
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to comfortably interact with OAG staff at all levels, constituents, community leaders, elected officials and their staff.
The salary range for this position is $64,505 - $67,111 + $3,026 in location pay. The final salary will be determined after a complete evaluation of the selected candidate’s qualifications. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of full vaccination status is a condition of employment for this position. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online. To apply, please click on the following link: EXEC_NYC_OA_6258.
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by close of business on April 28, 2023.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- You may address to Legal Recruitment.
- Indicate why you are interested in working for the Executive Division and what makes you a strong candidate.
- Your sample should demonstrate your ability to analyze and organize information into an effective document that is well-organized and error-free.
- If needed, please provide a cover page to provide the reviewer with any relevant context or background information.
List of three (3) references
- Only submit professional references, supervisory references are preferred.
- Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
- Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
- Please note, your references will not be contacted until after you interview for the position.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov