Nurse (Multiple Positions)
The State of Connecticut, Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is currently accepting applications for multiple Nurse positions within Connecticut Valley Hospital (CVH). We are seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our direct-care team to improve the well-being for our clients/patients.
- Division: Addiction Services Division (ASD)
- Units: Merritt 4B, Merritt 2AB, & Merritt 3AB
- Location: 1000 Silver Street, Middletown, CT
- Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours weekly
- Shifts: First, Second, and Third
- Note: These positions can be assigned any unit/location and work schedule/shift throughout ASD
THESE REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL NURSE POSITIONS ARE ON THE FOLLOWING INPATIENT UNITS:
- Merritt 4B: Withdrawal management unit providing care for people requiring the most intensive level of addiction services (American Society of Addiction Medicine/A.S.A.M. level. 4.0 and 3.7). This unit specializes in the treatment of patients with co-occurring disorders and serves up to 30 clients over the age of 18; offering a full range of medication-assisted treatment.
- Merritt 2AB & Merritt 3AB: 30-bed rehabilitation unit providing American Society of Addiction Medicine (A.S.A.M.) level 3.7 intensive rehabilitation treatment. This unit specializes in trauma informed care, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and a variety of other clinical approaches to provide holistic care to the individuals we serve. A full range of medication-assisted treatment is also offered.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER - Comprehensive Benefit Offerings:
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage;
- Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings;
- Paid time off - including 13 paid holidays per calendar year;
- Professional growth and development opportunities; and
- A healthy work-life balance to all employees!
FOR SECOND AND THIRD SHIFT POSITIONS - YOU MAY BE APPROVED FOR AN ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION BONUS:
- Each Registered Nurse who is permanently assigned to the second or third shift shall receive a “recruitment and retention” yearly bonus of three thousand dollars ($3,000.00).
- In order to be eligible for this bonus, the Employee must have completed one year of service in the registered nurse classification.
IN THIS ROLE AS AN REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL NURSE YOU WILL:
- Provide substantial input regarding patient care needs;
- Recommend modifications in the overall plan of care;
- Complete comprehensive Initial Nursing Assessment for patients with acute psychiatric and addictive problems; and
- Provide direct patient care that includes education, counseling, medication administration and documentation of the treatment and progress made by the patient.
DMHAS is a health care agency whose mission is to promote the overall health and wellness of persons with behavioral health needs through an integrated network of holistic, comprehensive, effective and efficient services and supports that foster dignity, respect and self-sufficiency in those we serve.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
CVH opened in 1868 as the State’s public hospital for the treatment of persons with mental illness. Throughout its history, it has experienced the multitude of medical, social and political changes affecting such facilities. In 1995, the Governor and General Assembly through a statewide restructuring of services for persons with psychological and addiction disabilities called for a renewed commitment to specialized treatment at CVH by expanding community options for patients and staff while closing two other hospitals and consolidating inpatient services here. The hospital became the amalgamation of four formerly freestanding psychiatric hospitals, four freestanding substance use disorder treatment facilities, and one maximum security hospital. Then in 2010, the former Cedarcrest Regional Hospital (with 2 campuses – Cedar Ridge campus in Newington and Blue Hills campus in Hartford) consolidated services with CVH. On May 1, 2018, the Whiting Forensic Division of CVH separated, creating two separate hospitals; Connecticut Valley Hospital (CVH) and Whiting Forensic Hospital (WFH). Today, CVH is comprised of 17 inpatient units over two campuses (Middletown and Hartford).